Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Which modeling guitar combo?

maketin

Hi everybody!

I am thinking about buying a reasonably priced DSP guitar combo amp. The price should not be over 500 (450$ or 300£). Do you have any favourites? All advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

find a used Yamaha dg100. there is only chorus, delay, tremelo and 3 types of reverb but for sound i love it. they are loaded with 2 vintage 30 celestions. thats my opinion. but if you have a favorite tone it would be best to get a small tybe amp of the sound you like. ie: marshall, fender etc.

don't be sold on bells and whistles, if you have a great tone to start with , you will find you use the effects less.

Originally posted by maketin:

Hi everybody!

I am thinking about buying a reasonably priced DSP guitar combo amp. The price should not be over 500 (450$ or 300£). Do you have any favourites? All advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Not sure what is available in Finland, but my opinion would be to get a used Line 6 Flextone II. They go for between $350-$450 US on Ebay. They have a bunch of very useable amp models & effects and also give you some extra models and editing capabilities through a computer connection (this feature is not on the original Flextone).

I'm not that familiar with the series III Flextone but I've read where some folks prefer the series II over them.

This is just an opinion but I think it makes sense in your price range.

Mudcat's music on Soundclick

"Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em."-The Webb Wilder Credo-

Archived