Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What do you guys think of Heritage Guitars?

Super 8

I've only seen one person playing a Heritage. Prior to that, I'd never heard of them. Of course, that's not really saying much.

I checked out there, and they are all a bunch of former Gibson employees who didn't relocate when Gibson closed it's Michigan plant. So instead, they took the old plant and the old Gibson machines and created a new guitar company.

Their guitars look really nice. But I'd like to get the 'expert' opinions.....yes, YOU GUYS are the experts! :wave:

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heritage Guitars are very nice.

Their semi-hollow body guitars in particular stand out to me. They use great materials, and look and sound great.

The LP models aren't "exact" LP replica's, but are very nice in their own right.

They don't have the "brand" recognition of Gibson, so they are often a "steal" in the used market. A nice 335 clone can easily be had for under a grand... sometimes for a song.

Unless you HAVE to have a new one, I'd check out e-bay and your local used marketplace for great buys!

guitplayer

I'm still "guitplayer"!

Check out my music if you like...

http://www.michaelsaulnier.com

I have heard that Heritage guitars are great (here and other places), but never played one.

When I looked into them I think an ES335 clone was around $1,500 and used they were maybe $1,000.

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

I've played a used ES335 style, very nice guitar with a great feel. Yes, these former Gibson guys have been making these guitars for some time now. You figure with that time plus the time they spent working for Gibson- that's a whole lot of expertise!
...touched down in the land of the Delta Blues.....in the middle of the pouring rain....

Yeah, if you want a Gibson-y guitar, they're right up there with Hamer and Paul Reed Smith, just another different variation on the theme.

Their binding and inlay work has always looked really tight and crisply executed, indicating excellent craftsmanship and quality.

Never owned one, but I have played a few, in shops and belonging to others.

As guitplayer said, their semi-hollow offerings are very good, and excellent values new or used. And I'd also highly recommend one of their hollow carved-tops, too.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I own and regularly gig with an HC 150. Essentially, this is their take on a Les Paul. I did upgrade the pickups to Duncan Antiquities, but even the stock pickups sounded very nice. With the Antiquities, this guitar stands up to any Les Paul I've played. I own a '59 LP reissue which is outstanding, and the Heritage, sonically, is just as good. The build quality is superb; the neck is like a 1960 LP profile, rather thin, while I prefer thick necks. But that's just preference; it's still a great neck. Additionally, the nitro finish is just about perfect, the top is a beautiful series of tiger stripes which run to the edges of the body.

The best part of all of this is that it cost me around $1400.00

Every other Heritage I've played has impressed me as well, and, as mentioned above, their archtops are such a bargain for what one gets.

Originally posted by guitar geezer:

Since Super 8 has plenty of $$$, I'm not even gonna mention the "Artcore" word. ;)

Did have plenty of $$$. I lost it all yesterday at the tracks.

Oh well...looks like it's back to prostitution for me. :(

By the way, I'm pretty excited to see the warm comments about Heritage around here. I've had my eye on a 335 for sometime. But, now I'm thinking about those 535's. Maybe someday I'll be able to pick one of those puppies up!

Oh, and you can tell me all about the Artcores if you want. Even though I'm a very very wealthy man, I'm still interested. :thu:

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

Originally posted by Super 8:

Originally posted by guitar geezer:

Since Super 8 has plenty of $$$, I'm not even gonna mention the "Artcore" word. ;)

Did have plenty of $$$. I lost it all yesterday at the tracks.

Oh well...looks like it's back to prostitution for me. :(

By the way, I'm pretty excited to see the warm comments about Heritage around here. I've had my eye on a 335 for sometime. But, now I'm thinking about those 535's. Maybe someday I'll be able to pick one of those puppies up!

Super, do you go to Hawthorne? Or all the way up to Arlington Park? I lived 6 blocks from AP.

"For instance" is not proof.

Originally posted by zeronyne:

Super, do you go to Hawthorne? Or all the way up to Arlington Park? I lived 6 blocks from AP.

Ummmmmm, I lied. It was cock fighting in a bar, but don't tell anyone.

First rule about cock fight club....you DON'T talk about cock fight club! :eek:

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

OK, I just got back from my local tiny music store...and they just became a Heritage dealer. Holy crap are they nice. But they sure aren't any cheaper than Gibsons. They had three there, and they were all perfect in terms of fit and finish.

"For instance" is not proof.

Originally posted by Super 8:

[quote First rule about cock fight club....you DON'T talk about cock fight club! :eek:

My cock's a lover, not a fighter! :thu:

The closest place to me that sells Heritage tells me I have to order one. Any they attempt to have in the shop for display gets snatched up quick. So I've yet to play one. But I've never heard bad said about them.

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Archived