Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New EVH/Charvel guitar

HiRoller

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow. That's about a trip. I'd be interested in having the black/yellow stripes one if it had a Floyd Rose Original and didn't cost a bazillion. Matter of fact, I'll cut a check for $1000 today if they can build it for that.

Originally posted by timrocker:

Wow. That's about a trip. I'd be interested in having the black/yellow stripes one if it had a Floyd Rose Original and didn't cost a bazillion. Matter of fact, I'll cut a check for $1000 today if they can build it for that.

$6,450.00 :eek: , AND there's eight days and eleven hours left for it to go higher, LOL :rolleyes:

Dave

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

Figure that these are "collectors'" guitars. Even at $10K, it's probably not a bad investment as long as you are willing to wait a few years. Think what they'll be worth after EVH is deceased.

Not that I'd ever shell out for one.

"You never can vouch for your own consciousness." - Norman Mailer

Originally posted by Guitarzan:

true Gabe but i just can't get into collecting, anything that special i would want to keep if i bought it. but i could never spend that much on a guitar unless i was alot more well of than i am.

Oh I understand! While a few of my instruments have become collectable, they weren't "vintage" when I got them and I wouldn't want to own a guitar that had to be kept in mint condition.

Originally posted by Dave th Dude:

Originally posted by timrocker:

$6,450.00 :eek: , AND there's eight days and eleven hours left for it to go higher, LOL :rolleyes:

Dave

$64-flippin'-50????!!!! See, this is what silliness looks like when it's really done right. If they build that guitar right, it's worth exactly a grand to me. If I pay exactly a grand for it, I'll get exactly $1000 worth of use out of it over about 10 or 15 years before I've worn it right down to toothpicks. When it's worn down to toothpicks (which it would be, rest assured) I'll need another one. The collector value/association with Edward is completely meaningless.

I'm with Dave, that's absurd.

Yeah I personally don't understand the idea of guitar "collecting." In my opinion, guitars are meant to be PLAYED. If someone purchases a beautiful hand made guitar and let's it sit on a stand or in a display case well, shame on them! That guitar could've been purchased by someone who would actually use it.

Plus that price is just downright ludicrous.

Originally posted by BenderOfStrings:

In my opinion, guitars are meant to be PLAYED.

Funny you said that because Ed himself has said the same thing on several occasions, then he turns around and sells guitars he knows will be locked in a glass cabinet. Though I can't fault him for trying to make money off of his invention (the stripe thing). He has no responsibility how idiotically his fans spend their money. Ed will gladly take and spend every penny from these Van Halen collectors and still play a $600 guitar on stage.

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.

Mark Twain (1835-1910)

--------------------

Reporter: "Ah, do you think you could destroy the world?" The Tick: "Ehgad I hope not. That's where I keep all my stuff!"

just buy all the same parts and then have someone build it for you. i would never spend that kind of money for a f*ckin paint job.

whoever said it is a $600 guitar is right!!

to me the best pickup for rock tones like eddie is and always will be Duncan Distortion.

shit, just look at some of his album art and you can paint it exact. if you play out with it you will look like a dork tho.

Originally posted by flagshipmile:

shit, just look at some of his album art and you can paint it exact. if you play out with it you will look like a dork tho.

Well said! Back in the shred days, a few guys playing around town were sporting EVH-striped guitars. Looked like dorks back then too.

The mod over at the Racer X forums called this back around NAMM.

The peavy deal is still good aparently, this is just Eddie's side project.

The guitar might not be worth $10K +,

but the personal customised Harley of EVH's might be worth some attention too!

Give it 10 years, auction it (the bike) off (Hard Rock maybe?) and be laughing all the way to the bank.

How can we fight ignorance and apathy?

Who knows! Who cares!

Archived