Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

If You Liked CLASSIC Scorpions...

BiC

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by mach1mike:

Sounds just like their 80s stuff. I don't think they'll get rich off of it, but old guys like me might buy the CD.

That's what I was thinking. :thu:

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Bic,

Can you tell me any more about this CD? I wasn't able to play the samples on the site for some reason. I bought the previous Scorps release and thought it was mostly worthy. The key thing for a new release for me is for it to be consistently good. Ever plunk $15.95 or more for a CD with 1-3 songs on it that you actually want to hear again? It's frustrating. I know that it's unrealistic to expect 12 solid gems on a single disc, but something like 75% isn't too much to ask is it? Anyway, you sure got my attention with the "classic Scorpions" title! :thu:

My two cents. I really liked "classic" Scorpions, but the two randomly picked sample songs I listened to did absolutely nothing for me (translation: I wasn't feeling it dawg). I think the Scorps should get rid of Mathias Jabs (if they haven't already) and get a Guitar Mastermind and Genius like David Powers :eek::D

They should also hire Kyra for promotion if they want to tour with Right Said Fred. :)

Originally posted by FunkJazz:

BiC, how did you slip past 1K posts without a party? we've been slacking around here!

:eek:

Congrats, BiC!!

:thu:

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

Originally posted by timrocker:

Bic,

Can you tell me any more about this CD? I wasn't able to play the samples on the site for some reason. I bought the previous Scorps release and thought it was mostly worthy. The key thing for a new release for me is for it to be consistently good. Ever plunk $15.95 or more for a CD with 1-3 songs on it that you actually want to hear again? It's frustrating. I know that it's unrealistic to expect 12 solid gems on a single disc, but something like 75% isn't too much to ask is it? Anyway, you sure got my attention with the "classic Scorpions" title! :thu:

Well, I don't own it. But by listening to clips from all 13 songs, it sounds semi-solid: meaning more than 3 good songs. I'd say it's about 75% solid, compared to classic Scorps.

Try playing the clips again. Also, check out these Amazon reviews:

click

Peace :)

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

BiC, how did you slip past 1K posts without a party? we've been slacking around here!

forced humility :D

Originally posted by cosmo115:

My two cents. I really liked "classic" Scorpions, but the two randomly picked sample songs I listened to did absolutely nothing for me (translation: I wasn't feeling it dawg).

That's why you have to listen to all the tracks! ;)

Originally posted by NMcGuitar:

:eek:

Congrats, BiC!!

:thu:

shanx :o

Originally posted by BiC:

My two cents. I really liked "classic" Scorpions, but the two randomly picked sample songs I listened to did absolutely nothing for me (translation: I wasn't feeling it dawg).

If it's 0 for 2, odds are the rest of the CD isn't for me. In addition, I never claimed that my two cents were worth anything ;)

If it's 0 for 2, odds are the rest of the CD isn't for me. In addition, I never claimed that my two cents were worth anything ;)
It's worth 2 cents , isn't it??? :D;):D

It's worth 2 cents , isn't it??? :D;):D
It all depends on inflation, the current price of the Euro and yen and if anyone cares :D

In addition, if you took 1000 people's figurative two cents what can you buy??? :)

I better go home, I'm feeling loopy :freak:

quote:

That's why you have to listen to
all
the tracks!
;)
If it's 0 for 2, odds are the rest of the CD isn't for me. In addition, I never claimed that my two cents were worth anything
;)
It's worth
2 cents
, isn't it???
:D;):D
It all depends on inflation, the current price of the Euro and yen and if anyone cares
:D

Well, with inflation at about 3 1/2% annually, t'aint got much time on yer side! :wave:

Archived