Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

G3 PREVIEW CLIPS

BiC

Maybe this was already posted, but I didn't want to go through all 256 topics when I did a search. Anyways, here's about 20 minutes worth of video:

CLICK

I liked Satch the best. :thu: At least he doesn't destroy his axe like Yngwie... :P

Peace :)

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at that show and honestly, Yngwie is a great player. I was blown away with how acurrate and creative he was. That said, I was completely pissed off when he trashed his strat. What a damn waste. Wouldn't it have been much cooler, to just hand it to someone in the first row?!? I spent my first 3 years of playing guitar, playing a crappy $90 Harmony guitar from Sears, literally dreaming at night about a new guitar and he treats them like toilet paper. What a jerk.

Oh, and yes, Satch was ON that night.

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.

Mark Twain (1835-1910)

--------------------

Reporter: "Ah, do you think you could destroy the world?" The Tick: "Ehgad I hope not. That's where I keep all my stuff!"

Originally posted by Hendmik:

I was at that show and honestly, Yngwie is a great player. I was blown away with how acurrate and creative he was. That said, I was completely pissed off when he trashed his strat. What a damn waste. Wouldn't it have been much cooler, to just hand it to someone in the first row?!? I spent my first 3 years of playing guitar, playing a crappy $90 Harmony guitar from Sears, literally dreaming at night about a new guitar and he treats them like toilet paper. What a jerk.

Oh, and yes, Satch was ON that night.

I wanted to go to that concert, but I didn't have anyone to go with. (The one in Denver) That, and money was tight.
Shut up and play.

Anyone else notice he passed off his strat and detroyed a different one?

Would have been much cooler if he gave whatever instrument he destoyed to one of his adoring fans. Im sure they would have given it a good home...

Jason

cheap, fast, good.

Choose 2.

Originally posted by jaygNY:

He alsways does that...at least in every live video I have of him anyway.

I remembera great story about Pete Townsend doing the same thing, and the crowd booing him, so he smash his main axe also...and regretted it for YEARS.

BTW: I have that G3 DVD. Very cool. especially Vai's intro solo.

How can we fight ignorance and apathy?

Who knows! Who cares!

Originally posted by jaygNY:

Would have been much cooler if he gave whatever instrument he destoyed to one of his adoring fans. Im sure they would have given it a good home...

Jason

Humm, I didn't notice that. I have to look at it again. I'm sure it was some cheapo that he had already rigged to easily break when he smashed it.

Peace

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Archived