Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How to get your recordings noticed

myles_rose

How to get your recordings noticed

We all spend what some people (like our significant others) too much on amps, guitars, studio stuff and all that goes with being a musician. Well, I am STILL learning that even an old dog like me can learn some new tricks.

Getting your material to stand out in a sea of so many other works can be a bit of a bear to say the least.

Well, over the last six or so months somebody less than 1/2 my age showed me some interesting things.

One of the people I work has a friend who is a model and also has a small but exclusive agency. She provides models to folks for videos, touring, and CD cover artwork. Her name is Nicole Stewart. She supplied some models, video photographers, and other people that were used for 6 projects. ALL 6 projects were picked up for additional talks to.

Trying to show "your group" or you using a CD demo, bio, and conventional press kit is not to your strongest advantage. Having some of your best songs on a DVD with at least one video seems to turn the tide a bit more in your favor.

I have set up a little website for Nicole on my own GAB website. If you look at the "buttons" that are on my site you will find one for her. Nicole only shows a few of her people on that webpage but she has folks all over the place it seems, even in the UK and some folks in Europe.

Maybe toss this around in your head. At the very least you can look at some of her pretty girls on the webpage.

She convinced me .... it works, and cost that can be pretty darn effective.

It might be easier if I added a link:

http://www.guitaramplifierblueprinting.com/models.html

Myles S. Rose

www.guitaramplifierblueprinting.com

www.la-economy.blogspot.com

www.facebook.com/mylesr

www.twitter.com/myles111us

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, Myles! You're usually a man of few (but good) words. That's the most I've seen you type in a while! ;):cool::thu: Am I rubbin' off on ya, windbag that I am? :D

That's a great idea, and one that should be so obvious, and yet... D'oh!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by Caevan O'Shite:

Wow, Myles! You're usually a man of few (but good) words. That's the most I've seen you type in a while! ;):cool::thu: Am I rubbin' off on ya, windbag that I am? :D

That's a great idea, and one that should be so obvious, and yet... D'oh!

Actually, I think that is one of the shortest posts I have every written !

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr

I'm all for learning but I'm not sure what you are advocating. Unless it is to do a DVD... "Having some of your best songs on a DVD with at least one video seems to turn the tide a bit more in your favor."

In addition to a conventional press kit of in lieu of?

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

Originally posted by LiveMusic:

I'm all for learning but I'm not sure what you are advocating. Unless it is to do a DVD... "Having some of your best songs on a DVD with at least one video seems to turn the tide a bit more in your favor."

In addition to a conventional press kit of in lieu of?

This would be in a press kit ... a DVD, yes.

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr

Archived