Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Help please...With modifications or upgrades for my bridge and pickups.

Drop-D

Hello everyone.This site has helped me TONS in the past simply by reading previous post on the same topic.This is a little more specific so i'll just ask.I have a Jackson DK2,Floyd rose JT580 LP Double locking 2-point tremolo for a bridge, 1 Duncan HB-102B Humbucker at the bridge,2 Duncan SC-101 single-coil for the middle and neck pickups.Rock & Roll is my music of choice and have been playing some real heavy stuff with deep tones lately.Can you suggest any other types of pickups to more fit my style.i've been looking at the floyd rose pro to upgrade my bridge.Thank you for any replies. Sorry about posting this again,,,,,it was a mistake.....Hopefully Myles will catch this and remove it :rolleyes:

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, welcome to the Guitar Forum, you lurker you, Drop-D!

So, this is what you're workin' with, huh? (Sorry if I don't have the color right...)

http://images.misupply.com/products/full/Jackson/dk2blk.jpg

Afraid of batteries? If not, you mightwant to try the active EMG 81 or 85 humbucker in the bridge-position, and the SA hum-canceling "single-coils" in the middle- and neck-slots. Then, depending on whether you want to be able to fatten single-note leads (especially on the middle- and neck-pickups), or scoop out the mids and add treble and bass all at once for "bell-like" clean tones, add either one of the SPC or EXP controls from EMG, respectively, where the tone-knob currently resides. They're one-knob active preamp tone-sculpting circuits, that perfectly compliment the EMG pickups.

Zakk Wylde and Kirk Hammett both use these pickups, as example. (Steer clear of the passive "EMG Select"-line, they truly suck.)

Here's a couple of links on those:

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/icons/icon2.gif Anyone tried a David Gilmour setup on their Strat?

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/icons/icon2.gif Just got my new EMG Pickups Installed!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by Drop-D:

Hello everyone.This site has helped me TONS in the past simply by reading previous post on the same topic.This is a little more specific so i'll just ask.I have a Jackson DK2,Floyd rose JT580 LP Double locking 2-point tremolo for a bridge, 1 Duncan HB-102B Humbucker at the bridge,2 Duncan SC-101 single-coil for the middle and neck pickups.Rock & Roll is my music of choice and have been playing some real heavy stuff with deep tones lately.Can you suggest any other types of pickups to more fit my style.i've been looking at the floyd rose pro to upgrade my bridge.Thank you for any replies.

Archived