Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone know results of Clapton's guitar auction?

BriBaby

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by 57pbass:

Blackie sold for $959.500.000.

Dont know who made the purchase...

Gee whiz, I can think of better things to do with almost a million bucks.

But if it was for charity, then it's worth every penny. :thu:

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Proceeds are going to his Crossroads Addiction Clinic. :thu:

Let me ask you all... would you be willing to part with one of your favorite guitars???

God Bless you, Eric! :)

Peace

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Thanks Bic, Base, and 57..

It's amazing what those went for! Wow!

Yes, Bic, if I knew it would save one life I would give up any guitar if asked, depending on the circumstances.

Once I thought I saw you, in a crowded, hazy, bar........

Yes, I would if it could benefit a good cause to the tune of half a million dollars!!!

But it's easy for me to say as none of my guitars are worth probably even £200 each....

Fa Fa FA Fa fa fa fa fa FA fa FA FA

I'm not sure I would auction off something for charity, because the next owner might use it for self-promotion (hello Hard Rock). I'm also not convinced of something being expensive because it was owned by someone famous.

I would rather organize an event where folks could donate their skills to the greater betterment. I think it also keeps the economics real. People already pay $100 a ticket to see legendary acts. I think Eric could say the ticket sales from every third show (or something like that) go straight to the charity.

If I were to organize and event, I would headline the charity. No one seems to want to pay much money for the exclusive purpose of hearing me play music, but I'd be happy to be a fringe benefit for someone making a donation to a legitimate cause. I don't NEED to get paid to play music.

Archived