Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Meatball grinders

Pizza is good and all, but the meatball grinder is the real test for me. Costco style meatballs should be banned! I tell you if you have one of those pizza / grinder places and you serve those premade shitty overly seasoned things I will personally talk your name down to all! so there

http://www.themayocks.com

Hear The Mayocks on Rhapsody and Itunes

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's just like when you're cooking a meat sauce. When you're sauteeing your meat, don't cook it well before you put in the tomatoes. Let the ground meat still be a little pink in places.

Want mix/tracking feedback? Checkout "The Fade"-

www.grand-designs.cc/mmforum/index.php

The soon-to-be home of the "12 Bar-Blues Project"

Meatballs? You talkin' about meatballs? Good meatballs? Swedish meatballs? Ever tried the meatballs at IKEA? Not as good as the real thing, (but considering the odds) they're good enough! No offense, but meatballs are to the rest of the world what a cheese steak is outside of Philly. A free week in my studio against a bet that a gas station over here sell better meatballs than you can get anywhere in USA (except for IKEA). /Mats

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

[quote]Originally posted by Mats_Olsson: [b]Meatballs? You talkin' about meatballs? Good meatballs? Swedish meatballs? Ever tried the meatballs at IKEA? Not as good as the real thing, (but considering the odds) they're good enough! No offense, but meatballs are to the rest of the world what a cheese steak is outside of Philly. A free week in my studio against a bet that a gas station over here sell better meatballs than you can get anywhere in USA (except for IKEA). /Mats[/b][/quote]You are so on. But what the hell, do I have to send you frozen meatballs or something? Phuck dat bizitch.

Want mix/tracking feedback? Checkout "The Fade"-

www.grand-designs.cc/mmforum/index.php

The soon-to-be home of the "12 Bar-Blues Project"

[quote]Originally posted by Mats_Olsson: [b]Meatballs? You talkin' about meatballs? Good meatballs? Swedish meatballs? Ever tried the meatballs at IKEA? Not as good as the real thing, (but considering the odds) they're good enough! No offense, but meatballs are to the rest of the world what a cheese steak is outside of Philly. A free week in my studio against a bet that a gas station over here sell better meatballs than you can get anywhere in USA (except for IKEA). /Mats[/b][/quote]Don't forget the Italians. A totally different kind of meatball than the swedish kind, but there are plenty of Italian decended people over here that cook up a pretty good meatball(myself included). Now I've tried to make Swedish stlye meatballs, and the results were, uh, inedable. But, then again, I'm not Swedish. Oh, and on the Cheesesteak thing, I totally agree. Only in Philly and it's burbs can you get a good one. He's a good way to ID a BAD cheesesteak before you waste your money: Anyone that has to tell you that it's[i]a Philly style[/i] cheesesteak has something to hide. Run for your life!
I really don't know what to put here.

The main issue with meatballs are two: 1. Minced ground beef in Sweden is not as chunky as most other places, and preferably it should be a mix of beef & pork 2. Most recipes advocates the use of eggs. Don't do that. Egg coagulates at a very low temperature and make the meatball hard as a golf ball. The general misconception is that if you don't use eggs the meatballs will fall apart, this is not a problem if the meat is smoothly minced. All you need is finely minced beef & pork meat, chopped onion, a dash of flour,(optional: garlic) salt & pepper. Just mix ingredients and roll away! Fry the meatballs in a cast iron frying pan, use a little butter. Serve with boiled or mashed poatoes and some lingonberry preserve. (the lingonberry preserve is essential) Some folks also like to have a cream sauce but it's optional. Bon apetit! /Mats

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

Archived