Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Trolls and the People that FEED them.

michael saulnier

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Teahead:

I also remember that you were kind enough to visit our site and pay us some kind compliments Neil, which only goes to prove your forgiving nature. :cool: ...

...Tea.

That's mighty kind of you. And very wise of you to realize the need to adjust your relationship to many here. :thu:

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by Mr Nice Jazz Guitar Guy:

Lee, did you ever think there are people out there that are disgusted with popular music as it is today? Did it ever occur to you that speaking out against the mediocrity is a way to correct it?

Did it ever occur to you how hypocritical you appear with statements like:

"that type of insidious behavior any tolerance."

Did it occur to you that responding to stupid threads like these actually worsens things?

I shalln't be showing you any more tolerance in the future. This was my one attempt.

This is the quintessential post against giving you lattitude, Mr. Jazz.

Lee is a huge voice for free thinking in these forae.

She's also a rock solid voice of reason.

But most of all, in reference to your reply, she's a staunch critic of popular music and the business that puts it in the forefront.

You're barking up the wrong tree by railing against Lee as a strike for free thinking regarding music.

And I'll mention, again, that Lee and I have passionately disagreed on several occasions. This isn't protectiveness of a friend. Besides, Lee hardly needs me to protect her in a philosophical debate.

Simmer... simmer down.. ;)

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

Lee, did you ever think there are people out there that are disgusted with popular music as it is today? Did it ever occur to you that speaking out against the mediocrity is a way to correct it?

Did it ever occur to you how hypocritical you appear with statements like:

"that type of insidious behavior any tolerance."

Did it occur to you that responding to stupid threads like these actually worsens things?

I shalln't be showing you any more tolerance in the future. This was my one attempt.

This is the quintessential post against giving you lattitude, Mr. Jazz.

Lee is a huge voice for free thinking in these forae.

She's also a rock solid voice of reason.

But most of all, in reference to your reply, she's a staunch critic of popular music and the business that puts it in the forefront.

You're barking up the wrong tree by railing against Lee as a strike for free thinking regarding music.

And I'll mention, again, that Lee and I have passionately disagreed on several occasions. This isn't protectiveness of a friend. Besides, Lee hardly needs me to protect her in a philosophical debate.

Simmer... simmer down.. ;)

Actually I had remembered what you said, so I was much nicer than I probably would have been. However what Lee said seem to contradict what you would have me believe. It was a complete hopping on the bandwagon, and then some.
Have you recorded an MP3 today?

i remember when i first came on, i acted on my teenager instinct and was probably a troll. but after a while i realized that this was a free atmosphere, where people could express their opinion and not be attacked for it. unfortunately this recent troll, i dont beleive has any intention of settling down, and tryin at open-mindedness. hey guit did you ever study sociology or something you seem pretty well-educated in this area.
hot girls, fast cars, and even louder guitars

Originally posted by revorhythm:

i realized that this was a free atmosphere, where people could express their opinion and not be attacked for it.

Oh, like when I say "Aerosmith sucks", I don't get attacked for it, in a most personal way? "Sense make you don't". :wave:

Originally posted by Guitplayer:

IF PEOPLE STOP POSTING ON THE TROLL THREADS... THEY WILL GO AWAY.

This may take a while.

It can be annoying, because they will FIGHT BACK... bumping their own posts, making even more annoying posts, doing whatever they can to provoke the responses they crave.

But EVENTUALLY, they WILL GO.

:wave:

guitplayer

I'm still "guitplayer"!

Check out my music if you like...

http://www.michaelsaulnier.com

Originally posted by guitplayer:

Originally posted by Guitplayer:

IF PEOPLE STOP POSTING ON THE TROLL THREADS... THEY WILL GO AWAY.

This may take a while.

It can be annoying, because they will FIGHT BACK... bumping their own posts, making even more annoying posts, doing whatever they can to provoke the responses they crave.

But EVENTUALLY, they WILL GO.

:wave:

guitplayer

Unfortunately, pesistant assholes like yourself never seem to go away. Nope, they invent reasons for galavanting around, like St Patrick chasing the snakes from Ireland.

"There's a pool hall in River City"

Actually I had remembered what you said, so I was much nicer than I probably would have been. However what Lee said seem to contradict what you would have me believe. It was a complete hopping on the bandwagon, and then some.

Actually, you mistake the fact that Lee's opinion is shared by many here as her hopping on the bandwagon. I can assure you she would have posted the exact same comment had she posted the original topic.

I don't know how else to explain it to you, other than that your posts since the reply to me have been completely antagonizing. Again, what kind of response do you expect from these comments?

**Kudos to WOW for engaging you in jest, despite your conceited response to his question. ;) You just can't expect everyone to appreciate the humor. (sigh)

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

Actually, you mistake the fact that Lee's opinion is shared by many here as her hopping on the bandwagon. I can assure you she would have posted the exact same comment had she posted the original topic.

I don't know how else to explain it to you, other than that your posts since the reply to me have been completely antagonizing. Again, what kind of response do you expect from these comments?

**Kudos to WOW for engaging you in jest, despite your conceited response to his question. ;) You just can't expect everyone to appreciate the humor. (sigh)

Just responding to the continual attacks. Funny you seem to see my replies to the attacks, but not the attacks themselves. Lee seems to suffer from the same bout with myopia. Seems to be an epidemic around here. This very thread is a personal attack thread. Certainly you haven't forgotten?

Let's just say I told you so.

I stepped over for Bralalalala to bump the threads of importance and bury the nonsense; do you fellows need some help over here Guitplayer???

Just holler and let me know which ones to bury and which ones to bump. I'll help out where I can. I'm on high speed cable so it's not that big of a deal to spend a few moments ressurecting the threads of relevance.

Ani

Originally posted by Ani:

I stepped over for Bralalalala to bump the threads of importance and bury the nonsense; do you fellows need some help over here Guitplayer???

Just holler and let me know which ones to bury and which ones to bump. I'll help out where I can.

Ani

Yeah, delete the whole stupid thread, for starters. That would be a good start and a showing of impartiality.

Perhaps you enjoy personal attack threads? Do they enhance to bottom line around here, somehow?

Jazz... whatever,

I have been a member of these forums since their existence on AOL, although my member registration does not reflect the date. There are members that are well respected throughout the forums that have earned their reliable reputations. They have contributed to the knowledge base that keeps these forums alive and thriving in the wealth of information that is available.

Whenever one of our own speaks out, someone that has status and has paid his dues; others "will" step in and lend a hand. I don't know you, I don't know the situation behind what is happening here; but I have enough respect for guitplayer to know that things have spun out of control over here.

If you are young and seeking attention; take a chill pill, sit back and soak in the offerings of intelligence, guidance, and education that these forums have to offer... and learn something good that may help you in your career. If you are super intelligent as is listed in your profile; then you are too smart to learn anything anyway... enjoy your stay while it lasts.

Originally posted by Ani:

Guitplayer,

Don't hesitate to ask assistance from the other forums... Maybe Wewus might want to entertain the thought of welcoming Jazz... MPN style. :D

Aren't you the little instigator? You also do a fine "good cop, bad cop" impersonation.

I've got a great idea, find something to do instead of trying to augment a personal attack thread that's already stupid.

Ani,

If you are super intelligent as is listed in your profile; then you are too smart to learn anything anyway... enjoy your stay while it lasts.
AND old enough to know better, but obviously, NOT.

Dave

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

Archived