Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

50s Jazz Guitar up for sale

kitaristi0

Unfortunately I don't own this guitar..

http://www.huuto.net/auctionimages/2/5c/2b9d34aa2080b84ebbb4ebdc2e1c6-orig.jpg

It's for sale on a Finnish internet auction. This is what it says:

A French Jazz Guitar from the 1950s bought in 1996 from Paris. Near mint condition...(tech specs and stuff here) everything works perfectly.

The only problem is that it costs 625 dollars.

A duck-pond, a museum, and a red hunting hat.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OhmiGawd! That axe looks so damn COOL!!

:love::cool::love:

I wish like Hell I had the $625.00! Is that in US currencey, or what? If so, I'd consider that a real deal, if the guitar plays and sounds decently at all!

As far as looks go, that is one of the vibiest and coolest axes I've seen in a pic! Post that bebe on les threades dus purtee guitares!! (Pardon mois french!) ;):D:thu:

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/icons/icon2.gif Hey, kitaristi0, can you post a link or address to that auction/ad/whatever it is, so that I can read more about it? Thanks!!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

i'd really like to look at that link as well.

nice maccaferri look to the peghead, neck and flat cutaway. interesting endpiece, not the usual selmer. way cool f-hole's, wonder how the tone is? plywood? solid? i'm all over this thing. GAS attack via gypsy guitar :love:

Yeah, funkjazz, I noted that tailpiece, too; I'm sure that I've seen one exactly like it somewhere, either in a pic or in real-life.

It's got my not-so-secret, porcupine-eatin', caravan-residin', birthday sharin' alter-ego-in-the-spirit-world's influential, ghostly jazz-fingers tickling my fancy most mischievously!

:confused: Who, :confused: who, :confused: who could it be??!!?? :confused:;):D:thu:

Django, Django, Django!!

EVERYDAY is Django's birthday, in the spirit world, far off in the Western Dark Blue, beyond the waters. (It's true. On clear days, you could wave.)

SOMEDAY, I'm gonna build a guitar that looks a lot like that. Probably with a Western Red Cedar top with a dark-edged 'burst, and Burled Mahogany sides and back and peghead overlay; probably a true flat-top; still keeping the "F-holes", but with a through-the-top-loaded bridge (y'know, bridge-pin stylee). But overall a lot like that one in the pics. It just looks so damned cool!!

You can't really know what to expect here, it might be a real dog, playability- and tone-wise, in spite of its cool and vibey appearance in those pics. And I'm not just talkin' sour grapes trash here, it's just hard to say with so little to go by.

Aaah, (blows blue smoke and leans back expressively) c'est la vie! ;)

Like I say, someday I'm gonna build a guitar inspired by those looks and my own ideals of tone and feel. I will.

Uhmn... do you speak/read Finnish, kitaristi0?

If so, could you give us a translation of the details listed? That'd be swell, if you were able!

Yes, I come from Finland so my Finnish is pretty fluent.

Here's a translation:

"Very good quality French jazz guitar from the 50s. I bought it in Paris 1996. The manufacturer is unknown, but a qualified vintage instrument dealer said it was from the 50s. The guitar is in good condition, for example there are no cracks or bruises. The tuners are original Salvator Bilardis. The neck is flawless. This is a specialty that is certainly extremely rare and you most likely will never see one again. The guitar comes with a hard case I got when I purchased it. I have a receipt (4800 Francs (french money))"

Other info on the guitar:

"I don't know what wood it is. It's an archtop. The sound is old jazzy rhythm guitar type-ish."

A duck-pond, a museum, and a red hunting hat.

Archived