Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

how far should a person go...?

EmptinesOf Youth

Take a long hard look at what you've bought. Do you use it? What items do you not use? If the items you don't use makes up more than 50% or your gear, that's some wasted money.

I built up a lot of gear, some of which I use on a weekly basis, other stuff I might use once a year. But, I've got amps that excell at bluesy stuff, twangy stuff, or heavy sounds. I've got several good guitars, most of which overlap each other in what they can do. All total I've got 7 amps, 7 guitars, and quite a few pedals. I still want one or two more electrics. My parents don't really understand why I spend my money on guitars and amplifiers, but they don't hassle me about it too much either.

I won't be getting rid of some of the things I've got, but others will be going, if I get tired of them. I think that sometimes it comes down to the thrill of the hunt, and acquisition is more important than actually owning or playing an instrument. That's really the enemy, not spending money on what you'll use.

Don't know if I even made a point there, but there's a lot of good advice above. Maybe something I've said will tie in with the rest of this thread. :D

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived