Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

im not a guitar player but...

notabob

i dont know where to post this, so feel free to flame me or delete this...

i am a bass player, but my brother is a guitar player and he needs a bridge humbucker to go in his strat. he was lookin at the seymour duncan sh-4 jb. if any of you have one of these that youd like to sell, let me know, or, if you know of somewhere i could get one of these for a good deal or a guitar classified site or something. my email address is peasandbiscuits@zoomtown.com

thanks,

brian

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey notabob, welcome to the Guitar Forum. :wave:

Everyone is welcome here, even a bass player. :D Sorry 'bout that, just hadda', but get used to it if you hang around here.

As far as the pickup is concerned, the JB is a great pup. New I think it runs about $70. The best used place is probably ebay, although there is a "Gear For Sale" thread on this forum. On ebay just be careful, check feedback, ask questions and don't hesitate to bail out if you think the price is getting to high. I'm trying to get a Duncan "Distortion" and "Pearly Gates". They keep going for $55 to $65 (plus shipping, don't forget that, some people charge very high S & H). For those prices, I'd rather buy a new one and avoid any possible problems.

Also, bluestrat of this forum, recently bought, installed, and critiqued a "Duncan Designed" (I forget the retail name, "Power somthin'" I think) pickkup. Cost? $30, and he thinks they're real good. I'm pretty sure they have a pickup equivalent to the JB. Just go to the Duncan www.seymourduncan.com site and a little research should give you what you need.

Dave

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

Here's a JB pickup on ebay for $47.50 + $3 S & H. Only $10 cheaper.

Oops! I didn't see this part of the description at first.

The only thing different than the photo is that I , as always, removed the Seymour Duncan lettering form the Bobbin of the Pickup so it is purely a double white. Those of you who are not aware, all it takes is a quick wipe with nail polish remover and no more lettering.
It makes me wonder if it's really a SD pup. His feedback looks okay though.

Here it is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2577299463&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

Dave

That link came from sgstrat. He posted that link when I was having trouble finding SD pickups. They can't advertise lower than a price set in advance by SD, but they give you a NEGATIVE shipping charge which takes the price down even lower!

Neat little trick to help you discover the "hidden" prices.

Mike

Petting Hendrix

Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked in the head by an iron boot? Of course you don't--no one does--that never happens.

mstreck,

They can't advertise lower than a price set in advance by SD, but they give you a NEGATIVE shipping charge which takes the price down even lower!

Neat little trick to help you discover the "hidden" prices.

Now there's a financial idea I like! :cool::thu:

And there's not many financial "scams" that I like.

Dave the Cheap

Archived