Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Difference in sound between teles and strats?

Beatnik

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My old blonde 74 had a pickup cover, but I always took it off. I haven't seen a new one with one in a long time.

With the newer models, the tone isn't as distinguishable as it was twenty odd years ago, in my humble opinion. I like spanky teles, but I like em to have balls too. And yes, anything you can do on a strat can be done on a tele......if you don't believe me, ask Junior Brown.

Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

Originally posted by lynng - guitar geezer:

Originally posted by Geenard:

And yes, anything you can do on a strat can be done on a tele......if you don't believe me, ask Junior Brown.

Yep - Just listen to Juniors Guit-Steel Blues

:thu:

Isn't he a monster? I love the way he can go from a Hendrix lick to a Don Rich lick in two seconds.
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

Originally posted by lynng - guitar geezer:

quote:
Originally posted by Caevan O'Shite:

quote:
Originally posted by bluestrat:

"Unfortunately, you just gave me an idea - MDF body for a Flying V clone. I've got a neck, a pair of humbuckers, a set of tuners, and a few other items." :wave:

"Trading Spaces" is ugly..."while You Were Out", on the other hand, is the bomb. Andrew Dan-Jumbo, carpenter, is the Maestro of MDF - he can make anything out of it AND make it look good. Wife left me in May so I watch this by choice...

Originally posted by Caevan O'Shite:

Originally posted by bluestrat:

"Unfortunately, you just gave me an idea - MDF body for a Flying V clone. I've got a neck, a pair of humbuckers, a set of tuners, and a few other items." :thu:

Uhmn, blue', what's an "MDF" body? Mexican Death Festival?

What? Why are you all looking at me that way?

Dude! I might just have to call it the "Mexican Death Festival!" I can paint it red, white and green and put a gold eagle and snake on it too. :D

MDF is medium density fiberboard. It should be called extremely dense fiberboard; this stuff is heavy! We're talking about 4 times heavier than a piece of poplar the same dimensions. I might go with the mutant starfish body that Dimebag's Dean guitar has! :thu: MDF is cheap too, a full 4' x 8' x 3/4" sheet for a $20.

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

Archived