Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Carr Mercury

6was9

I am sure that I am not the only one. It's been a quest of long long time coming to find a small amp that can be cranked up and sound good without getting kicked out of the neighborhood. I've tried number of similar amps but they always turn out to be not the amp I am looking for. I bought a Fender Blues Jr because I really like the tight sound out of it(and the price) but the thing is loud for 15W! In order to get a halfway decent sound it gets, again, pretty loud.

Now this little Carr Mercury amp looks great and according to Guitar Player Mag review it just might be the thing. It's a pricey little amp so I really want to make sure I like it before I order one. I wish I can check one out but my local Carr dealer doesn't stock one. If anyone own or tried one I really like to hear your opinion.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carr amps are fantastic, you won't be disapointed with those. Solid and toneful.

As far as the Blues Jr. Set that sucker right on the floor and turn it up about 3/4, it'll speak to you, cut through in a mix, and give you the most NON Fender sounding tone, in my opinion, than any of their amps. The floor helps with bass response and helps soak up perceived volume, so you can crank it and get those EL84's cookin. It sounds downright Voxlike or JTM45like, and for the money, quite the amp. Swapping the speaker helps alot, as does running the amp through other cabs.

Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

Very briefly .....

The Mercury is an incredible piece of work.

Sure, all the Carr amps are pretty amazing, but the Mercury set the bar even higher when it comes to a piece of musical art.

Myles S. Rose

www.guitaramplifierblueprinting.com

www.la-economy.blogspot.com

www.facebook.com/mylesr

www.twitter.com/myles111us

Originally posted by Geenard:

Carr amps are fantastic, you won't be disapointed with those. Solid and toneful.

As far as the Blues Jr. Set that sucker right on the floor and turn it up about 3/4, it'll speak to you, cut through in a mix, and give you the most NON Fender sounding tone, in my opinion, than any of their amps. The floor helps with bass response and helps soak up perceived volume, so you can crank it and get those EL84's cookin. It sounds downright Voxlike or JTM45like, and for the money, quite the amp. Swapping the speaker helps alot, as does running the amp through other cabs.

I Know nothing about the Carrs, but mmm mmm ... Blues Jr on a solid back 2x12 cab sounds appetizing!

Archived