Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Steve Morse...Dregs/no Dregs?

Pretzel logic

You've GOT to listen to Steve on the "Major Impact" CD. He plays not cover tunes but songs "in the style of" a lot of famous players. These are his originals written to make you think of a particular player like Hendrix, Clapton, Beck, etc. In fact, the Allman Bros. should be so lucky to have a song as good as Steve's tribute! Also outstanding are the Beck and Leslie West style tunes.

BTW:Steve Morse could play oboe and I'd want to hear it.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by DARKLAVA:

Yeah steve's ok.But jack white from the white stripes is better.If you don't think so, check

out rollingstone's top 100 guitarist of all time

poll!I think jack was number 17.Was steve even on

the list?Hell eddie was i think #75.Trust me these guy's know what's what.Maybe next year steve. :rolleyes:

Yeah steve's ok.But jack white from the white stripes is better.If you don't think so, check

the list?Hell eddie was i think #75.Trust me these guy's know what's what.Maybe next year steve. :rolleyes:

you my freind are an ASS . if your mom tells you to marry your dad are ya gonna do it just becausw you think your momma knows best

the list?Hell eddie was i think #75.Trust me these guy's know what's what.Maybe next year steve.

are you really that stupid ? You obviously don't know squat about musicians or what good guitar playing is . Duuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

OOOO...K! The same rag that puts Clay Aiken on the cover has people that know what they're talking about when it comes to guitar virtuosity. Uh, huh... :rolleyes:

So, I'm a Detroiter who's not too familiar with White Stripes. So, sue me! I'll take your word about how Jack White plays. All I can say is, if he's from Detroit, he knows ROCK! FAR more than those clowns in Cleveland!(flame suit ON)

But, a popularity vote is no indication of what's going on with the fretboard, and Morse knows that fretboard as well as some, and much better than most.

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Archived