Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Please Look At This Picture...

BiC

I have been posting topics concerning my Strat which was stolen. Well, I have found a pretty good picture of it. I have come to the conclusion that it was a 1985 Contemporary Strat. The only thing that doesn't line up with the specs from MIJ Model 27-4302 are the pickups. Everything else is a match. 27-4302 has 3 singles, whereas my stolen Strat had 2 singles and 1 humbucker as you can see in the photo below.

Does it look like it was modified to a humbucker? Now that I look at it, I believe it may have been. Please give me your expert opinion.

http://wwwofwx.tripod.com/xetraordinaryguitars/

Thanx for your input! :thu:

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Gabriel E. Vil:

Yes it was modified to fit the humbucker. Also, that neck pickup isn't original.

I replaced the neck with a Dimarzio back in 1992.

Thanx!

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Thanx a lot for your comments! This REALLY helps me tremendously in trying to figure out what type of Strat I once owned. When I did own it, I just wasn't concerned with the specifics. But now that it's gone, I am. Because I would like to try and find a similar one. Now I know what I'm looking for:

1985 MIJ Contemporary Standard 22 Strat with the following specs:

- Model 27-4302

- 3 single coils

- 5 way pickup selector switch

- 1 volume control

- 2 tone controls

- System 1 Tremolo

- Maple neck

- 22 fret

- output jack on top of the body

Thanx again!

Peace :thu:

Archived