Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I FOUND A STRAT!!!!!

Djinn1973

I took a friend of mine to a local shop, he was looking for a ratt, and the damn thing just jumped out at me. A Standard Lefty made in Mexico. I played it for about 5 mins in the shop and I knew it was the one, I have yet to get a tone from it that I dont like! Its really some thing, I pick that thing up and it playes it self. I love that thing so much :love:

O.K. I am done...

So those calluses are supposed to be there; right?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice....

Oh Happy Day!

Funny how you story is falling into place:

Cruisin' with a friend, lookin for a ratt

Lo and behold, I bumped into a strat

In a Mexican minute, I knew she's the one

The tones emanating, never had so much....

(lead into a neat little solo).......

Check out some handcrafted guitars:

http://home.mindspring.com/~grus/guitars.htm

I bought my lefty tex-mex back in March and love it. When I was a kid I had right handed guitars that were "revised" to lefty status, but it's just not the same. I got a friend of mine who is a luthier to do a set-up on the neck which helped a ton - you may want to consider it. Then again, you might be lucky and not need it! The neck on mine was too low and crooked. He shimmed it up and had to cut a little bit out of the body to straighten the neck up, but it made a world of difference. Mine is black with white pickguard, about the only thing I might change is one or more pickups to get a little meatier sound, but then again it may just stay stock forever too. Enjoy!

Bruce

I was born at night but I wasn't born last night...

Originally posted by Bruce Downs:

I bought my lefty tex-mex back in March and love it. When I was a kid I had right handed guitars that were "revised" to lefty status, but it's just not the same. I got a friend of mine who is a luthier to do a set-up on the neck which helped a ton - you may want to consider it. Then again, you might be lucky and not need it! The neck on mine was too low and crooked. He shimmed it up and had to cut a little bit out of the body to straighten the neck up, but it made a world of difference. Mine is black with white pickguard, about the only thing I might change is one or more pickups to get a little meatier sound, but then again it may just stay stock forever too. Enjoy!

Bruce

I put a DiMarzio HS-3 stacked HB in the bridge, and a Blue Velvet in the neck. Sounds way sweet. :D:thu:

I've had a Tex-Mex Strat for about six years now and have been happy with it since day one.

About a year and a half ago I installed a set of Seymour Duncan pickups (SSL5/2-1 "Five-Two"). and like it even more now.

I am happy for you, "Djinn1973," and I very much know how you feel--not the part about being a lefty (I'm a righty), but the part about finding a Strat. I have all my life been partial to Strats, and it was only last month that I found and was able to buy a brand new Strat, sunburst with a rosewood fretboard (just like the 1963 Strat that I owned over 21 years ago). Also, my Srtat is also a Standard (made in Mexico), and it plays and feels absolutely fantastic.

Robert J. ("Bob") Welch III

"If you were the only person who ever lived, God still would have sent Jesus His only Son to die on the cross for YOU, because that is how much HE LOVES YOU!"

Congrats on the Strat!

My first decent electric was a late 70's Strat, and since then I've owned many Fenders and strat-style guitars: G&L Legacy and Commanche, Tom Anderson Hollow Classic, Hamer Daytona, two Custom Shop Strats, a Voodoo model, and they've all been fun and rewarding - though I've had to sell some to finance others!

I once sat in a music store for about two hours going back and forth between a Mexican Vintage reissue and a Fender USA factory reissue, and damned if I didn't prefer the Mexican's tone and overall vibe! Since, then I'd helped several of my friends find really special Mexican strats; I wish you well with yours.

Those Highway Strats are pretty cool too. That matte finish is nice and thin, and I think the guitars resonate better. I mean, my '79 Strat is covered in more thick plastic finish than Cher!

alguit,

Those Highway Strats are pretty cool too. That matte finish is nice and thin, and I think the guitars resonate better.
I've said this before, but you may have not been here or seen it. I have been trying the "magical, holy grail" Strat for almost twenty years. The Higway 1 I have on layaway is the FIRST and ONLY one I've ever layed hands on that I liked.

And I love it! :love:

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

Archived