Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dave Mason palyed a Strat with a...

ObviouslyCool

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the shape of the bottom of the neck is a little different... so you can switch one way with a little less contact and not the other without modifying the neck slot. Warmoth talks about this on their website.

Roy

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/alexisdmusic.htm

"once it stops bein' a mystery it stops bein' true"

David Mowaljarlai - Ngarinyin Aboriginal Elder

Originally posted by ObviouslyCool:

(Wonder what ever happened to him?)

i used to listen to him on those early 'traffic' tracks and for me the best thing dave mason *ever* did was the 12string acoustic thang on the hendrix 'along the watchtower'. he got lucky

stanitarium :cool:

AMPSSOUNDBETTERLOUDER

You forget that although Dave Mason was not an astounding guitar player, he wrote some pretty kickass tunes (Feelin' Alright, Only You Know And I Know for starters), and sings pretty well, too.

I'm a Dave Mason fan :D ...one of my favorite Dave Mason tunes is "World In Changes".

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Originally posted by Tedster:

You forget that although Dave Mason was not an astounding guitar player, he wrote some pretty kickass tunes (Feelin' Alright, Only You Know And I Know for starters), and sings pretty well, too.

I'm a Dave Mason fan :D ...one of my favorite Dave Mason tunes is "World In Changes".

Right, again, Tedster! :thu:

I echo the same sentiments!

How about "Shouldn't Have Took More Than You Gave"? I liked how he did that one with AND without Traffic.

Good stuff, in my opinion!

Good call by Abnorm re: "Look At You Look At Me".

Truly a great and overlooked guitar solo. Has anyone else here ever noticed that the first half of the solo in "Stairway To Heaven" is VERY similar (and was recorded later)?

Just an observation.

Archived