Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Amp Settings when using Multi Effects?

RockNRoll

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're going from the ME-50 to the input of the amp, then go for a clean, flat, neutral setting, with the tone-controls all set more or less near the 4 to 6 range. Then just adjust to taste from there.

If you have an effects loop or other "return/power amp in/etc." on your amp, try plugging the output of the ME-50 into the loop's return jack, or other similar input. This should bypass the pre-amp and tone-controls, so you might want to turn all of the controls that no longer affect the sound all the way down, so that less hiss, hum, and noise is introduced.

Other than that, it's all up to what pleases your ear! You might get good results employing some amp gain/distortion in the mix, or using the tone-controls to radically sculpt the sound of the Boss. Who knows? You will!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I have the ME-50 (I think it's great). Like Cav said, keep your amp sound as clean as possible. I never use my gain channel on my amp. Sometimes, depending on the room, I need to punch up the mids a little.

If you regularly use a second channel for leads, add as little gain as possible. The ME-50 will handle the gain for you.

Archived