Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Whole Lotta Zeppelin coming next week

sbrock1san.rr.com

Led Zeppelin is releasing two much anticipated products on May 27th. A three-CD package called How The West Was Won featuring live concert recordings, and a two-disc DVD set called Led Zeppelin (I think that's the name )

The DVD footage is mostly from concerts in 1972, 1975, and the 1979 Knebworth Concert. I read one pre-release review that said the footage and sound quality are excellent and it is put together like a seemless concert.

I have a nice collection of VHS concert videos and DVDs and I am hoping this will be a great addition. BTW- I think they kept the prices quite reasonable compared to other multi-disc packages in the stores. I appreciate that :thu:

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, maaan, SteveRB... I'm at my schlocky, unjaded, dorky worst when news of new Led Zeppelin comes my way... drool, drool, drool... ! :P:freak::D

I discovered Led Zeppelin the same day that John Bonham died... My folks, well meaning though they were, harbored a great mistrust of all things rock and roll, and I was a little "sheltered" early on as far as "secular" music and the like went. I had never heard Zep'before that day, and had just ordered a cassette of "Zoso" (the fourth album) and "Houses of the Holy" through a friend's Columbia Record and Tape Club mail-order after listening to a bunch of records, crash-course style, at his house.

To this day I'm an unabashed fan and I think I'll go now, If that isn't drool then I've wet myself... See ya! -k

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Hey, Yamsa', I haven't heard it yet, but want to. I read the Guitar Player article on it. I wonder if they'll get around to touring much? I'd go see 'em (Yar'birds, tha'is) if they came within a few hours of here... -k

Originally posted by CaevanO'Shite:

Hey, Yamsa', I haven't heard it yet, but want to. I read the Guitar Player article on it. I wonder if they'll get around to touring much? I'd go see 'em (Yar'birds, tha'is) if they came within a few hours of here... -k

DITTO! :thu:

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

Well I do hope the dvd is better than The Song Remains The Same, which I bought recently. Nothing disappoints me more than unsynhcronized sounds and pictures. I want to see Mr.Page as I hear him, not an approximation of what a fill or solo would look like. Fingers are crossed.

Oh, man, The Song Remains The Same is both a gem and a barf-inducing travesty! Led Zep at near-worst, badly produced, I believe that it was released against the band's wishes, Jimmy Page's and Peter Grant's usual iron-fisted hand on the reins not withstanding. It was filmed before Houses Of The Holy came out, I think, but wasn't released to cinemas 'till years later, as it had been (supposedly) shitcanned at the band's insistance.

Talk about being caught in your underware and broadcast to the world, in shabby quality, to boot! -k (not ok)

• 3 weeks later...

Yes! I just picked up the new DVD & CD. They are both worth picking up. This DVD really makes up for the poor quality of The Song Remains the Same . (Of course, when that was the ONLY footage you had of them when you were younger...it was great!)

The DVD is edited well, and shows some really good footage...from the early years to 1979. It's good to see Page on the Tele. (Of course the Les Paul & Marshall combination is hard to beat...there were a few Orange amps in there as well).

I highly recommend the DVD & CD!

:thu:

I got the Led Zeppelin DVD last week. It's just excellent. Watch the first DVD of the 2 disk set and you'll see them in 1970. Very good. Great versions of "Dazed and Confused," etc. Then put in the second DVD and it's like they really learned how to perform. They are just bursting with confidence. And the footage from 1979 makes it appear that they had many more years ahead of them ... it's that good. Then Bonham died. :cry:

I haven't bought the triple CD yet, but they've been playing it on the local radio here in DFW, and the song versions they chose for the CDs are just great. This morning they played "The Immigrant Song," and the solo break was exciting and new and different. :love:

Yeah, I'll have to pick up that CD set!

Archived