Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

wot amp to get?

guitar

hi

i need a new amp! I got a peavey rage @ the moment; great practice amp but i need summit a bit louder. my budget is £300 and i'm not sure wot to get. I am lookin at the MARSGALL MG100DFX but wot do u suggest?

Plz help!!!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd agree with the Marshall AVT-50. Its plenty loud, and if you crank it at practice the distortion will sound even better. Stay away from the solid-state Marshall stuff though. The MG series is decent, but defintely not very good. It won't sound like a Marshall stack, if that's what you're in to.

If you want to go solid-state I would suggest looking at Peavey or Tech 21, their stuff sounds a lot more tube-like then Marshall or Fender. The AVT series of hybrids sounds good if you get a lower wattage one. The AVT-150 will never get loud enough, or no one will let you at least, to sound like awesome, plus I think its clean channel is a lot better than the higher wattage clean channels. It doesn't even sound like they have one, although I'm sure one of you will prove me wrong.

Shut up and play.

Yeah, the Peavey solid state stuff is pretty good for "met-uhl". Randall for "very met-uhl". Marshall - I don't know what they're doing, it looks like they're going the way of Fender and trying some sort of shotgun marketing approach to their product line. If you get a Marshall make it a Super Lead reissue....

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

Originally posted by guitar?:

hi

i need a new amp! I got a peavey rage @ the moment; great practice amp but i need summit a bit louder. my budget is £300 and i'm not sure wot to get. I am lookin at the MARSGALL MG100DFX but wot do u suggest?

Plz help!!!

I'll overlook your English for the moment. The MG100DFX is a good choice, if you want the Marshall sound without the tubes. The price you quoted seems about right. You can later hook that to a 4x12 for more volume. Also, only the Marshall has a headphone jack/emulated out, so you can play stages where you can't be miked, and you can practice at home with the cans.

Referring to the "English" comments-

-cut the guy some slack, it ain't Typists' Korner here, is it? -and-

-If I'm not mistaken, that's a "pound"-sign, as opposed to dollar$... wich makes "English" a little subjective anyhow, don't it?

:idea: If anyone has any ballpark-figure on how much 300.00 pounds would be in U.S. dollar$, please post for the sake of better estimation of this poor guy's stated budget; I'm economically-challenged, as-it-is!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Thanks, Tazzola! I've added that to my 'Favorites' list as a reference.

Now I have to wonder, does that figure mean that an item priced at $BLANK-dollars will be priced accordingly in an overseas market?

Anyways, thanks again for your info.

See ya! -k

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Archived