Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Guitar licks resources

E-money

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're right, Chip. But, I'm okay, 'cause I don't have a mind.

I remember the old days, dropping the needle on solos 15 times to get a passage...slowing it down to 16 RPM...anything. But, hey, that was a bitch. If there are new, quicker shortcuts, bring 'em on, I say. Even if it's only for us brain dead Alzheimer victims.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Check out truefire.com. They actually have old lessons from guitar mags with audio examples. Tabs and Notation for those of us who read, plus, the a lot of the lessons are theory heavy, and explain why a certain riff works over a certain progression. It's pretty cool for independant study because they have good descriptions of each lesson, and you can buy them individually or on CD compilations, which are very reasonably priced. They also cover many sub genres of rock, blues, jazz, and country.

Oh, and if you want to improve your soloing, the best advice I have is to learn your chords cold. Matching scale tones with chord and arpeggio tones helps you to learn why to use what mode or scale and when. The best lead players I know are MONSTER rhythm players.

I really don't know what to put here.

Archived