Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What's your favorite pick?

TuskBuffer

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ihategarybettman:

Paul, I was thinking the same thing. By the way, I haven't seen your name around here much lately.

Well, life gets in the way sometimes. In addition to my wife and 2 kids, I now also have a 7-month-old. Add a duo gig, my band gig, my day job, 9000 home projects and the side business I'd like to launch this year and there's not alot of time left for posting. I still lurk around when I can though. Great people here.

Jim Dunlop Steel Thumbpick. I Know I Know, it beats on the strings and the body if I get carried away, but I like the sound and feel. Besides, I actually haven't broken a string in months and I play everyday for at least 1 hr. Plus I don't really care about scratching the finish on my Olympia Tacoma.
"I wanted to play saxophone, but all I could get were a few squeaks. So, my big brother was playing guitar and I figured I'd try it too."---SRV

Usually any heavy plastic pick is good for lead, and mediums for faster strumming. On mando a medium seems to work best.

I bought a sarod pick, made out of coconut, and I love it for lead! You get a lot of definition with one. I'd use it a lot more but they tend to break if you put them in your wallet, and I don't want to lose it, at $20 apiece. There was an old ad in Guitar Player for them, which I have around somewhere. I bought the one I have now from a guy in the Village with a store full of odd instruments. He has a couple of sarods for sale, and I have always loved the instrument, but would never find time to learn to play it well.

Sitar picks? Well, they are metal and fit on your fingers, and really hurt! Maybe I'm just a wuss!

Archived