Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sites were u can hear what the guitar sounds like?

GuitarWolf

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guitar will sound totally different with a different player, so this may not be as desireable as you think. Could be very misleading.

Ted

A WOP BOP A LU BOP, A LOP BAM BOOM!

"There is nothing I regret so much as my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well?" -Henry David Thoreau

Originally posted by Ted Nightshade:

The guitar will sound totally different with a different player, so this may not be as desireable as you think. Could be very misleading.

Ted

really how could it sound differnt? the only way it could be played would be with pics or fingers! so... 2 possible differnt sounds
YtseJam your Majesty!

Originally posted by D-Prime:

Ted

really how could it sound differnt? the only way it could be played would be with pics or fingers! so... 2 possible differnt sounds
Oh, you have so much to learn! Pick attack and your fret hand approach have so much do with your tone, it's not even funny. Clapton(post cream) and Hendrix both used Strats for the most part, and their tones couldn't be more different. The amp you'replaying through has a lot of influence too!
I really don't know what to put here.

Not only pick attack and fret hand, but the different woods used in similar models of guitars. My 2 Strats have a different enough sound that even our non-guitar playing roadie can tell the difference...
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

But...in reconsidering all of these responses...not splitting hairs..there is a general..."Paul sound" and "Strat sound". Generally, if you're looking for raw chunka chunka sound...you want the "Paul" humbucker configuration, and if you want more of a blues/funk edge to your playing, you want something akin to a Strat single coil configuration. What works nicely to get a bit of the best of both worlds is a Strat with two single coils and a humbucker in the bridge position.

Originally posted by Tedster:

But...in reconsidering all of these responses...not splitting hairs..there is a general..."Paul sound" and "Strat sound". Generally, if you're looking for raw chunka chunka sound...you want the "Paul" humbucker configuration, and if you want more of a blues/funk edge to your playing, you want something akin to a Strat single coil configuration. What works nicely to get a bit of the best of both worlds is a Strat with two single coils and a humbucker in the bridge position.

what if u want to get a combo of both? :confused:
YtseJam your Majesty!

Originally posted by D-Prime:

Ted

You silly people!!

It looks like he meant "Different computers will play the sound differently"... ie if I has 20 dollar cheap speakers the sound will sound different than on 500 dollar studio monitors. Also - playing the sound with winamp through an on board motherboard soundcard will sound much crappier than through - say - cakewalk studio through a sb live or an aardvark or hoontech thingy.

Heh... you siwwy people :)

Nolly

"Money, Bitchez and Cheese!"

http://www.playspoon.com/nollykin/files/voxline.gif

"I never thought about it, and I never stopped to feel -

But I didn't want you telling me just what to think was real.

And as simple as it comes, I only wanted to express-

...But with expression comes regret - and I don't want you hating me."

then again I could be the silly person, and he could have indeed been referring to guitar players.

/me thinks that is the case, reading the thingy again...

Okay... line up, only one shot at a time... no, I aint paying for your damn bullets. NO! Pay for them yourself. Fine.. 50/50 then.

*closes eyes*

Nolly

"Money, Bitchez and Cheese!"

http://www.playspoon.com/nollykin/files/voxline.gif

"I never thought about it, and I never stopped to feel -

But I didn't want you telling me just what to think was real.

And as simple as it comes, I only wanted to express-

...But with expression comes regret - and I don't want you hating me."

You can hear my...

Carvin Cobalt C980 Jumbo Acoustic

Washburn MG600F with GraphTech F.A.A.S. electric

Peavey Fury bass

Alvarez-Yairi CY118 Classical (no longer own :( )

Yamaha FG230 12-string

...on each one's own page at my website at www.angelfire.com/ny5/boggs.com . Look on the index page for each guitar's link. Enjoy! Boggs

Check out my Rock Beach Guitars page showing guitars I have built and repaired... http://www.rockbeachguitars.com

... sound that even our non-guitar playing roadie can tell the difference...

Jeez Ted, you have a roadie? I'm such a loser, I've never had a roadie.

:cry:

I really don't know what to put here.

It can be gratifying to install humbuckers in a strat-style guitar. I had an old cheap Ibanez that came with a single horrific quasi-metal pickup, but was a fantastic player, god what a sweet neck. I'm sure the next one off the assembly line was junk, but this was sweet.

So I put a couple Les Paul pickups in it and it had a great SG-like sound from the light body.

I've always found the bridge pickups in strats to be way too shrill and thin for me, so I've always liked the idea of putting a humbucker in the bridge position.

Personally I lust to do this with a Telecaster- man what a funky sound-

depending on who's playing!

Ted

A WOP BOP A LU BOP, A LOP BAM BOOM!

"There is nothing I regret so much as my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well?" -Henry David Thoreau

Originally posted by Sylver:

... sound that even our non-guitar playing roadie can tell the difference...

Jeez Ted, you have a roadie? I'm such a loser, I've never had a roadie.

:cry:

Well, he's really more of a buddy who likes to hang with the band. Everyone's got one or more of those...don't they? He owns the truck, so we give him a few bucks and buy him a few brewskis, and he (recently divorced) gets to schmooze with the single ladies in the audience and tell 'em he's with the band, our official roadie. Oh, he helps us set up and tear down, too.

Archived