Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Cornford Amps--> Now available in the USA

sysexguy

For those who are hypersensitive to SPAM, my apologies in advance.

Now the big news, Cornford Amplifiers are now available in the USA and Canada though Cornford Amplification's North American distributor; Diffusion Audio and a growing dealer network. Cornford crafts wonderful :wave:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sysexguy-

yeah, spam usually takes a pounding around here (spam crepes, anyone?), but I have been looking for a way to check out Cornford for months-even had someone in England contact them So far it`s been a royal pain in the arse. Many thaks for the info on my part, anyway.

Originally posted by sysexguy:

For those who are hypersensitive to SPAM, my apologies in advance.

Now the big news, Cornford Amplifiers are now available in the USA and Canada though Cornford Amplification's North American distributor; Diffusion Audio and a growing dealer network. Cornford crafts wonderful :wave:

Andy,

Well just like all things ... nothing is all bad or all good.

If this is spam, its good spam.

Cornford amps are quite spectacular, and rather than go on and on which is usually my habit, I will try to leave it that that.

Regards,

Myles S. Rose

www.guitaramplifierblueprinting.com

www.la-economy.blogspot.com

www.facebook.com/mylesr

www.twitter.com/myles111us

I don't mind GOOD spam (is there such a thing?).

Looks cool, and I'm looking for an amp. From what I could tell there's a 6w, 20w & 50w amp. Is that right? How much is the 20w?

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

Originally posted by myles111:

[QB

Cornford amps are quite spectacular, and rather than go on and on which is usually my habit, I will try to leave it that that.

Regards,[/QB]

Hey Myles have you heard one now then? I remember asking you a while back when I bought my MK50 and you hadn't heard of them.

well I just heard back from the distributor, and they are anticipating a dealership situation in the N.Y. area in the near future. This is the first time I`ve gotten anything to go on-many thanks. The only alternative I had in mind was something from the Bruno folks.

BTW, I`m interested in the 20W (Hurricaine) too. I was quoted a price from England of 1200 pounds

($1,600 and some change), but I have no idea what`s up in the U.S. yet

Originally posted by Ian-UK:

[QB

Regards,

Hey Myles have you heard one now then? I remember asking you a while back when I bought my MK50 and you hadn't heard of them.[/QB]
Ian ....

I was over in the U.K. in the Docklands outside of London and played with a MK50 for about three days. Its a wonderful amp! I ended up setting it up with 6L6's instead of the 5881's that were in there. I want to also try some older NOS Tung-Sol 5881's before I make up my mind. Maybe next trip.

Regards,

Myles

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr

[QB

Regards,

Hey Myles have you heard one now then? I remember asking you a while back when I bought my MK50 and you hadn't heard of them.
Ian ....

I was over in the U.K. in the Docklands outside of London and played with a MK50 for about three days. Its a wonderful amp! I ended up setting it up with 6L6's instead of the 5881's that were in there. I want to also try some older NOS Tung-Sol 5881's before I make up my mind. Maybe next trip.

Regards,

Myles[/QB]

That's what I did. I put Harma 6L6s in but also put some RFT ECC83s in 'cos I found it a little harsh with the sovteks. That really warmed it up a treat :) Now I'm running it flat out into a hotplate and then into my Trace Bonneville + 4x12 and I can honestly say it's the best sounding and "feeling" setup I've ever played :cool: Glad they are available over there now. I have a feeling Cornford are gonna be big.........

Spam:

"My AMAZING new WONDER DRUG will add 3 inches to your penis, take 4 inches from your waist and add it to your biceps, and earn you an extra $10,000 A WEEK"

Not spam:

"Cornford amps are now available in the U.S."

Unless, of course, you're the sole distributor for the amps.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

quote:

[QB

Regards,
Ian ....

Regards,

Myles
That's what I did. I put Harma 6L6s in but also put some RFT ECC83s in 'cos I found it a little harsh with the sovteks. That really warmed it up a treat
:)
Now I'm running it flat out into a hotplate and then into my Trace Bonneville + 4x12 and I can honestly say it's the best sounding and "feeling" setup I've ever played
:cool:
Glad they are available over there now. I have a feeling Cornford are gonna be big.........[/QB]

Ian ... I think they are going to be pretty big too, so it may be a good thing you got yours before they got too big :)

Myles

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr

well my friend just called me from England yesterday. He found a shop in Brighton that can order one in about a week-got the address, phone # and all if yer interested. But now I think I`m getting the names mixed up-which one is the hurricaine and which is the harlequin? the 6 watter is 599 pounds and the 20 watter is 1199 pounds. That may include U.K. delivery.

Ian ... I think they are going to be pretty big too, so it may be a good thing you got yours before they got too big :)

Myles

Yeah I'm pretty happy about that :D I've got number 92 :cool: (and yes I am an amp anorak :P )

Did you find it a bit harsh when you tried it? I had to turn the treble and presence down to zero before I swapped the valves and it was still too trebley :eek:

Oh Yeah... How about a Cornford Amp GIVEAWAY CONTEST!!!
How about a Cornford Amp Odyssey CD giveaway for now? The rules are simple....e-mail me with an address and you get one :thu: (while supplies last.... but I have lots of them) The CD features tracks with Zack Wylde, John Jorgenson, Yngwie, Frank Gambale and many other smokin' players :cool: .

Andy

diffusion@attcanada.ca

Archived