Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I need to convert a .RFL ( reason?) file to EXS-24 format

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not a Reason expert yet, but I'm pretty sure that you will only be able to use those sounds in Reason. The file is called a "ReFill," and it's a Propellerhead way of packing sounds & patches into one file. They are loaded into one of the instruments in Reason, one at a time or as a patch (if the ReFill includes patches). Once the sounds are in Reason, they can not be exported. A workaround would be to record a sequence that uses the sounds you like, export the audio, and use an audio editor to chop up the seperate sounds. I can't imagine the samples are good enough for the effort, what with all of the free sounds out there. Also, it has been my (limited) experience that ReFill'd drums suck. I have some of the ones that the reasonstation.com guys use, and I never use them. PERCUSTUFF is especially horrible- some people don't know how to edit samples, apparently. :) You might try asking this question at the reasonstation.com forum. Careful though- there are some meanies over there. :) :)

No dice.CdXtract doesn't even say it's upcoming,neither does Awave Studio.In fact Chicken Sys Translator only mentions why they can't do it yet here [url=http://www.chickensys.com/translator/other/reason.html]www.chickensys.com/translator/other/reason.html[/url]
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

Archived