Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I am looking for a certain tpye of instrumental rock music... can you help me???

Matthijs

I am looking for certian tracks who are actually big guitar solos and it must be instrumental or at least almost instrumental... so you got the drumms maby a bass and one guitar who plays long solos and must all sound a little bit like Jimmy Hendrix... does anybody know a band/track who makes this type of music and can you give me names of tracks or names of bands? Thanks you in advance... :)

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, we've got few jams like that on the net you'll have to scroll to the bottom of our page...try these songs:

"Trio Improv Jam"

"Memorial Day Improv Jam"

"JamFree"

http://www.artistlaunch.com/jamfree

All three of these are lofi recordings...if you like what you hear but need better quality sound, I can upload some others that are just like these only recorded in a better studio.

Just about anything by Frank Zappa. Try the "Guitar" or "Shut Up and Play Yer Guitar" CDs.

Edit: Oops, I didn't read your query carefully enough. FZ doesn't really sound like Hendrix, and there are usually more than just drums and bass accompanying. Sorry.

[ 01-03-2002: Message edited by: Pogen ]

I would suggest either Eric Johnson (anything), or maybe Jeff Beck (again anything), or Phil Keaggy's "220" CD. Of course, NO ONE sounds like Hendrix, but these are three GREAT modern guitar players doing mainly instrumental recordings, and they all have been influenced to some degree by Jimi's playing...

well i have a certain prejudice here-i this band:

"the mermen" of SF,cali-all of their albums are instro-guitar-bass-drums.and as far as a JIMI connection,well there's the name of the band and all the original compositions are long,grandiose and beautiful w/ all the clean,distorto,reverbed guit sounds you could ask for. album fav:'a glorious lethal euphoria' on mesa/blue moon and came out in 95 or so...

you wont be disapointed!

s

AMPSSOUNDBETTERLOUDER

Originally posted by Steve LeBlanc:

Yep, we've got few jams like that on the net you'll have to scroll to the bottom of our page...try these songs:

"Trio Improv Jam"

"Memorial Day Improv Jam"

"JamFree"

(Austin Powers voice) Actually, I rather fancied your "Spam Jam"... :D:D:D

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Originally posted by Matthijs:

I am looking for certian tracks who are actually big guitar solos and it must be instrumental or at least almost instrumental... so you got the drumms maby a bass and one guitar who plays long solos and must all sound a little bit like Jimmy Hendrix... does anybody know a band/track who makes this type of music and can you give me names of tracks or names of bands? Thanks you in advance... :)

Ermm... is this for personal use or "?"

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

Originally posted by Chip McDonald:

Ermm... is this for personal use or "?"

Uhm... well I am just looking for that type of music because I simply love to hear it, if thats what you mean? :)

Anyway... thanks for that names and tracks everybody... I am gonna check them out...

Archived