Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Happy Halloween!

Tedster

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well... here's something scary. There's this place here in Atlanta called the Cleremont Lounge. It's something of a legend, and really like someplace in a David Lynch movie. It's a rather unusual strip bar that sometimes has live music and sometimes DJ's. The "centerpiece" of their show is a stripper named Blondie who's been there forever and has to be pushing 60 by now. She has these humoungous boobs and has a habit of dancing on the bars and tables and then getting up in guys' faces with her boobs and getting them in a head lock. Very freaky stuff. Then there are transvestite strippers and all manner of tawdry sideshow kinda stuff. I am not normally into nudie shows at all, not even those for women, but you have to give this place an A for sheer creativity and tongue-in-cheek decadence.

THEN there's this band here called the Hot August Knights, which is a Neil Diamond tribute band. They actually play at "legitimate" intown clubs, and all the chicks and the gay guys go nuts for this singer dude. Again, to understate the case, uhhh, not exactly my cup of tea.

However, our bass player and his wife tell me that tonight, the Hot August Knights are playing at the Cleremont Lounge. On Halloween. And they're going. And well, it just sounds too freakishly entertaining NOT to go. I can't even imagine what the crowd is going to be like. But the whole thing ought to be funny as hell.

Is that scary enough for you?

--Lee

Well, I went to a party at a club last night, and it was free beer and that zima stuff, till it ran out. unfortunately, `free beer` acted like a two-word magnet for hulking dudes with buzz cuts and t-shirts. I mean, I have nothing against them in particular, but they were clearly there for the beer, period. It could have been a garbage day party, for all they cared. I still managed to drink too much, but I found it really boring.

The best Halloween gig in NYC is probably Alice Cooper at Roseland, which I went to last year. I think this year's show was broadcast on Pay-Per-View. This year, I went over to NJ to check out the Pledge Of Allegiance tour with Slipknot, System Of A Down, American Head Charge and No One..... I was hoping the guys in Slipknot would come out in three-piece suits without the masks. That would have been interesting!

First full moon on Halloween in some years I understand.

My story goes like this.

My son was born on Halloween a number of years ago.

I had been working on a big project at work and was due to give a presentation to my boss's boss's boss on a monday - Haloween.

This was such a big deal that we had a dry run of the presentation the previous thursday to my boss's boss. (Aren't large corporate orgs fun)

The next day - Friday- my immediate boss comes into my office and asks me if i believe in ESP.

It turns out i have a aunt that has blowm my mind several times so i have an open mind about this stuff. My boss porceeded to explain that he and his mother regularly forsee the future and are fairly accurrate.

He gave several examples.

He then said that I needed to give him the presentation cause he had a dream that I would not make it to the meeting on monday. I said, even if the baby comes over theweekend ( a week early) I'd still come in for a few hours on Monday. He smiled said - fine if you do no problem - "But you wont be there". So, for now, give me the slides.

Of course Monday AM you know where I was - In the delivery room having my wife curse at me- (so much for that breathing stuff). This guy absolutely knew what was going to happen and was so confident that he risked having me think he was crazy by telling me this ahead of time.

No BS.

Check out some tunes here:

http://www.garageband.com/artist/KenFava

Originally posted by timrocker:

Gatorwing;

GAAAAHAAAAHAAAHAAHA...Oh, that's too much... snurk. NOW I've seen everything.

ROTFL!!

You haven't seen EVERYTHING till you're on the inside of the box!!

BTW, that isn't me. Got the pic from a friend.

There are two theories about arguing with a woman. Neither one works.

Originally posted by Tedster:

THERE YOU ARE!

Where ya been, Simon? Is it me, or have you not posted for a bit?

I wasn't talking about stirrups on a horse, BTW... :D

Yo Ted

Ta for asking I've been sick again im afraid, you get remissions with this damn illness but it comes and goes. Feeling pretty cool at the moment so I thought i'd find out what you lot have been up to in my absence. Hope your well and all is good for you and yours?

Best

Simon

Originally posted by Tedster:

Well, next year what's your friend gonna do? Put a pair of stirrups by his ears? YIKES!!!

Thinking of wearing a doctor's coat with sign:

Medical Breakthrough - Free hernia checks for women only!

[ 11-08-2001: Message edited by: gatorwing@aol.com ]

There are two theories about arguing with a woman. Neither one works.

Archived