Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Any Parker Fly users out there???

Tedster

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I played one at GC a couple of years ago... don't ask me what model, I can't tell them apart. Anyway, I played it for about 15 minutes through a Mesa amp. Played nice and sounded good, but didn't impress me enough to want to spend that kind of $$$, especially since the feel and sound were VERY similar to a guitar I built several years ago, and still have. The only thing the Parker has that mine doesn't is the acoustic bridge.

Don't get me wrong... I'm not saying the guitar I built is as good as a Parker... I'm sure it's not! I'm just saying that the Parker didn't offer anything that I sorely desire. It's a really nice guitar, though, and if I had the financial means to buy all the guitars I wanted, I would probably get one. Of course, it would be just one on a LONG list! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

Scott

(just another cantankerous bastard)

The US made ones play and sound great. A lot of people were turned off to its look and of course purists don't like the materials that make up the body. They have an import (Nightfly) now that has a lot of problems, mostly cosmetic with the finish. You can check out the Hamer Duotone but they're really 2 different animals. Some people are bugged by the fact that the unwound "G" (3rd string) doesn't come that close to an acoustic but that's the nature of the beast.

Don't know if you know but they severed their relationship with Korg a while back and are trying to go at a alone. They let go a buddy of mine as well as many others and are basically running on a shoe-string now.

I checked out a MidiFly a few months ago because I was looking for a guitar controller for my midi stuff. It was pretty nice and I really like the futuristic look. But the MidiFly is based on the Nitefly - once I figured out the cost difference between the two guitars and realized that I'd be paying about 2K for the MidiFly's electronics, I decided to look elsewhere.

I think the higher priced Parker Deluxes, etc. are great guitars. Next time I have a few grand to play with, I'll shell out for one. They sound fantastic and look way cool.

"You never can vouch for your own consciousness." - Norman Mailer

There's a Reggae band in our area (Reggae in KC? Why not, mon...) called "Green Card". There are two guys in the band that play Parkers, I believe. Although...I don't think I'd like to be taking anything that expensive to a gig where it might get some drunk spilling beer on it. Nope...gimme my Strat. The more beer you spill on a Strat, the more character it has, anyway...plus...I wouldn't feel as bad about smashing a Strat over a drunk's cranium...
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Right Said Ted:

>>>The more beer you spill on a Strat, the more character it has, anyway...

--------

Homer voicw : "Mmmmm.....Character"

>>>plus...I wouldn't feel as bad about smashing a Strat over a drunk's cranium...

Whoa there Tedsta, every STRAT is sacred. Use a lead pipe.......or an Ibanez. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/eek.gif

------------------

KHAN (Strat lover since '82)

www.floydtribute.hpwebhost.com

This message has been edited by KHAN on 09-05-2001 at 02:20 AM

So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

Originally posted by Tedster:

plus...I wouldn't feel as bad about smashing a Strat over a drunk's cranium...

That's another benefit of playing a Tele... it can split a skull and keep on rocking. Won't even be out of tune! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

I've noticed a few of the cheaper Parkers (what is it, the P38?) showing up on stages around here. You're right though, you don't see many of the high-end ones.

Scott

(just another cantankerous bastard)

Archived