Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Do you have a "name" for your favorite guitar?

michael saulnier

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a white Fender American Standard Stratocaster, and I call it:

DRUMROLL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"My white Fender American Standard Stratocaster"......

I pretty much use this methodology to "name" all my guitars. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------

KHAN (Always hopeful, yet discontent)

www.floydtribute.hpwebhost.com

So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

Yes, I have an old monster of an Ibanez named Purgatory, sold my LP Goltop (Betsy), and now I named my Sabre Classic, Elizabeth (yes, I know it's basically the same as Betsy, but I call her Lizzy alot of the time), named after Elizabeth Shue.

Matt

No clever saying.

No matter how good something is, there will always be someone blasting away on a forum somewhere about how much they hate it.

Originally posted by KHAN:

I have a white Fender American Standard Stratocaster, and I call it:

DRUMROLL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"My white Fender American Standard Stratocaster"......

I pretty much use this methodology to "name" all my guitars. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Very, very "Dave Barry", Khan...

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Well, hmmm...I haven't named any of my guitars. But, I would offer up here perhaps a "naming contest"...okay...describe a couple of your fave guitars (not too many, mainly the ones you use on stage) and we'll offer up names based on the description.

Of course, this can only be done loosely. "Lucille" was supposedly named after a woman who started a bar brawl, resulting in the club being burnt down. That requires pretty intimate knowledge of surrounding circumstances.

Originally posted by Tedster:

Well, hmmm...I haven't named any of my guitars. But, I would offer up here perhaps a "naming contest"...okay...describe a couple of your fave guitars (not too many, mainly the ones you use on stage) and we'll offer up names based on the description.

Of course, this can only be done loosely. "Lucille" was supposedly named after a woman who started a bar brawl, resulting in the club being burnt down. That requires pretty intimate knowledge of surrounding circumstances.

A quick glance tells you she's blond, with smooth curves and the kinda rounded neck that makes you want to grab her all the time and make her scream. She's been around a little and you can see a few lines on her body that shows she's seen a bit of the world, but I think that makes her all the more beautiful.

She doesn't weigh too much, or too little, and she's balanced just right when she's around my neck...

From behind, she's nicely shaped mahogany, with a reddish tone, great looking grain, pretty... without being too good looking.

She's probably Irish, (her name's McCarty for god sakes), but no matter how late we stay out together, she's always been willing to play hard as long as I am...

So her name has got to be...

I'm still "guitplayer"!

Check out my music if you like...

http://www.michaelsaulnier.com

PMS!!! OOPS!!! that's PRS! Sorry Guit, I couldn't resist...

Strawberry blonde, how 'bout that term for Scottish Girls...Coleen...if she was human she'd kick your ass...and knock you down and do you all night long like a she-wolf...OWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Originally posted by guitplayer:

A quick glance tells you she's blond, with smooth curves and the kinda rounded neck that makes you want to grab her all the time and make her scream. She's been around a little and you can see a few lines on her body that shows she's seen a bit of the world, but I think that makes her all the more beautiful.

She doesn't weigh too much, or too little, and she's balanced just right when she's around my neck...

From behind, she's nicely shaped mahogany, with a reddish tone, great looking grain, pretty... without being too good looking.

She's probably Irish, (her name's McCarty for god sakes), but no matter how late we stay out together, she's always been willing to play hard as long as I am...

SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP!..........NOW http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/eek.gif

------------------

KHAN (Always hopeful, yet discontent)

www.floydtribute.hpwebhost.com

This message has been edited by KHAN on 08-31-2001 at 05:00 PM

So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

thanks... there's a little story behind "the duck." i bought on the street at a yard sale for 10 bucks. (talked the woman down from 15 bucks) turns out the woman was bobby womack's daughter (who wrote it's all over now as covered by the stones).... hard to see, but the whole thing is covered in stickers that vaguely say "urban outfitters"...turns out the younger womack was a window designer (just like rhoda moarganstern) for the urban outfitters store in NYC and the guitar was used in the store window as a prop. (took me freekin forever to get the stickers off of the back of the neckneck!) the duck sticker was originally on the back, but i moved it to the front...other than that it's all original. it's a sebring 335 copy and it rocks better than my harmonica player's real 1967 gibson 335....

-d. gauss

LMAO, all!!! Funniest thread in a while!

Let's see.. I bought a Kramer Voyager body w/electronics, got a Kahler (Cause it was so much better than the Floyd... I was young and stupid!!), a Warmouth Neck, and a crappy Jackson bridge pickup to replace the shorted original, and signed the heel of the neck before it was built by a shop. The result... The Neil Bergman, Custom, Limited-Edition, Signature model!!

(The names a LOT more impressive than the guitar! And that ain't sayin' much, is it! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif )

Anyone have a name for:

[*]A Sammy miniature Les Paul? (Has Garth Brooks signature on it.)

[*]A 1920's Banjolin? (Banjo construction, mandolin strings/tuning.)

[*]The cruddy, dilapidated, Epiphone EC-20 classical with the electric strings that I carried around like Linus and his security-blanket all through highschool, college, and beyond?

[*]A matching set.. Peavey T-60 guitar & T-40 bass? (Both natural finish.)

Oooohhhhh!!! I can't wait to see what all of you come up with!

------------------

Neil

Reality: A few moments of lucidity surrounded by insanity.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

What?!?!? No takers??? http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/eek.gifhttp://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/rolleyes.gifhttp://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------

Neil

Reality: A few moments of lucidity surrounded by insanity.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

Anyone have a name for:

[*]A Sammy miniature Les Paul? (Has Garth Brooks signature on it.)

[*]A 1920's Banjolin? (Banjo construction, mandolin strings/tuning.)

[*]The cruddy, dilapidated, Epiphone EC-20 classical with the electric strings that I carried around like Linus and his security-blanket all through highschool, college, and beyond?

[*]A matching set.. Peavey T-60 guitar & T-40 bass? (Both natural finish.)

1. Garmy (Garth + Sammy)

2. Banman (banjo + mandolin)

3. Buddy (obviously!)

4. Frats (can't call them anything else because they aren't identical twins, just fraternal twins.)

This message has been edited by gatorwing@aol.com on 09-12-2001 at 03:42 PM

There are two theories about arguing with a woman. Neither one works.

Archived