Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Stupid question...

Tedster

Y'know when you go to a concert and they've got a big wall of Marshalls and they're all chained together? (I know some bands use some dummy heads and unloaded cabs just to look cool)...but, how is this done without hearing a lot of fitzing and popping and that nice smell of electronic components frying...???

Just curious...

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Golly Ted, Kinda a Jack Handy Moment isn't it? Dunno! Chains on cabs are pretty stupid anyway, like who's gonna run off thru the crowd with a speaker cab on their shoulders anyway?

Hey bro have a good night! Rick

Wouldn't "fitzing and popping and that nice smell of electronic components frying" be just typical Marshall operation anyway?! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/tongue.gif

(Flame-suit on, and ready to dodge bullets!)

Scott

(just another cantankerous bastard)

tedster,

guitar >> marshall 1 high input 1 >>> marshall 1 low input 1>>> marshall 2 high input 1>>marshall 2 low input 1 >>> marshall 3 etc....

i do it with a tweed fender deluxe and a deluxe reverb all the time...

-d. gauss

some people have splitter/buffering boxes made so that you don't get impedence loading and loss of high frequencies. Usually you can get two amps hooked up with the inputs just cascaded with a guitar cable but when you want to have several amps and do it right then you need a buffered splitter. It's a simple distribution amp.

------------------

Mac Bowne

G-Clef Acoustics Ltd.

Osaka, Japan

My Music: www.javamusic.com/freedomland

Mac Bowne

G-Clef Acoustics Ltd.

Osaka, Japan

Archived