Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone here in New Orleans?

Tedster

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my two cents: the midcity rock n bowl is a must, just for the experience but also great acts play there...though it's a bit out of town. the howlin' wolf is fun if there's a good act. obviously, bourbon street is the place to see bare breasts, kids puking, etc. but most of the bands were generic tourist trap stuff when i was there (beware of the generic looking dixieland band places with the 8 dollar beers!). if she's in town, see marva wright, a living (albeit kinda cranky)legend and also, eddie bo, another legend, does a free happy hour at tipatina's that's worth checking out. and aw i'm drawing a blank, i think it's buckwheat zydeco's kid has a band. he plays accordion too, but he wears marilyn manson type contacts in his eyes and rocks out! i forget his name but saw him a few times...

-d. gauss

I can skip the kids puking...bare, uh, my wife will be there...uh...maybe if I just go so I can comment to her on how "disgusting" the whole thing is...

(Acting as though shocked): "My GAWD! Did you see what she just DID?"

(Wife): Let's leave.

(Still acting shocked): You're right as always, honey, I think it's this way (leading her deeper into the fray)...

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Originally posted by Tedster:

I can skip the kids puking...bare, uh, my wife will be there...uh...maybe if I just go so I can comment to her on how "disgusting" the whole thing is...

of course then again, maybe your wife will go "hey ted look at all those nice beads all the girls are wearing...how do i get me a string of those?"

ya never know in new orleans....

-d. gauss

Archived