Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Stolen Guitars...

Tedster

Anyone know of a registry for stolen guitars? Something where you can enter the serial number into a data base, and if it turns up reclaim it and castrate the bastard that's trying to sell it?
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was one at www.axreg.com but I just checked and the site seems to be down. Don't know if it's gone, or just down temporarily. You could try e-mailing them at info@axreg.com to find out.

This message has been edited by Scott from MA on 07-29-2001 at 10:53 AM

Scott

(just another cantankerous bastard)

Vintage Guitar Magazine posts a list of stolen instruments in every issue. Many dealers read the mag and can help keep a lookout if the instrument should turn up in their stores. You can email the info about the guitar (include a jpeg if you have one), specifics of where it was stolen from and where you can be contacted. They'll post it on their website and in the mag. Email the editor at vguitar@vguitar.com

Oh yeah, Lisa...I did.

This was 20 years ago, but it still pisses me off. A natural maple top Gibson Les Paul Standard with DiMarzios, and a Strat. Also an Alvarez acoustic.

Originally posted by Tedster:

A natural maple top Gibson Les Paul Standard with DiMarzios, and a Strat. Also an Alvarez acoustic.

that's strange. those are the exact guitars that I play. i got 'em for cheap too! i think i traded some weasely lookin' kid a sixpack for 'em 20 years ago while i was passing through kansas city.... http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

-d. gauss

>>>that's strange. those are the exact guitars that I play. i got 'em for cheap too! i think i traded some weasely lookin' kid a sixpack for 'em 20 years ago while i was passing through kansas city....

-d. gauss

------------------------

D, that's cold man!!!..........LMAO http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------

-----------

KHAN (Always hopeful, yet discontent)

www.floydtribute.hpwebhost.com

So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

Originally posted by Tedster:

...This was 20 years ago, but it still pisses me off...

Yeah... I left a Lotus strat copy, with a then brand new Zoom 9002 processor in a case on a street in downtown Chicago, 10 years ago! It still irks me.

(My Dodge Omni had a windshield leak. The plastic that was supposed to shed rain onto the ground had instead guided the water INTO the car, that night. I was in recording class at a nearby studio. Pissed about the water, I set the guitar case against the driver's side, rear tire. It was REALLY dark where I was parked. I was cussing the soaked driver's seat, tearing at the plastic, and I just got in the car and drove away.

Four blocks away, to another studio owned by my friend's father! After several hours of recording and screwing around in the studio, I drove 24 miles, only to realize the guitar was missing as I neared home.

I called my buddy at 3am to check the studio, then I drove back downtown, as I'd realized where it was lost.

Go figure... it wasn't there! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

If I ever see it I'll get it back. It was solid white, but I'd added some commercial marking stickers to it. Bright neon colors with markings for chemical and gas lines.

I don't think I'd know the 9002 from any other, however!!! I'd like the Peavey T-60 case back... I still have the T-60! (Please don't ask why!) http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/eek.gif

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

20 years ago (September 5, 1980)

Les Paul Custom W/Maple Fingerboard - All natural finish

Hardtail Strat - white with maple neck, brass pickguard and Dimarzio lead pickup

Stolen out of a Honda Civic (smashed the back window) in the Moncton NB area in Canada

Both of these are amazing guitars

Originally posted by d gauss:

that's strange. those are the exact guitars that I play. i got 'em for cheap too! i think i traded some weasely lookin' kid a sixpack for 'em 20 years ago while i was passing through kansas city.... http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

-d. gauss

Nice try, D...hahaha...the guitars were stolen when I was living in Michigan.

Originally posted by chedrob@hotmail.com:

20 years ago (September 5, 1980)

Les Paul Custom W/Maple Fingerboard - All natural finish

Hardtail Strat - white with maple neck, brass pickguard and Dimarzio lead pickup

Stolen out of a Honda Civic (smashed the back window) in the Moncton NB area in Canada

Both of these are amazing guitars

Interesting. My guitars (a little more detailed description)...Les Paul Standard...natural maple top, maple neck w/rosewood fingerboard...leather straplock on the front strap button. Molded plastic hard case. Two cream DiMarzios...I believe I had a Super Distortion in the bridge position and a PAF (I think) in the neck slot.

My Strat was also a hardtail. White. Black pickguard. Rosewood fingerboard. On the upper cutaway may be traces of where there was once olde English font presstype with the words "Tough Enough" (was on there when I bought it...left it).

My loss was a $4000 Buscarino hybrid custom guitar with a quilted sunburst finish and cloud mother of pearl inlays. It also had a special 4 pin jack next to the standard 1/4" jack. My pride and joy, stolen from my rehearsal space/warehouse. The kicker? I had an insurance policy on it that I had let lapse 1 week before it was stolen.

Originally posted by zboy2854:

My loss was a $4000 Buscarino hybrid custom guitar with a quilted sunburst finish and cloud mother of pearl inlays. It also had a special 4 pin jack next to the standard 1/4" jack. My pride and joy, stolen from my rehearsal space/warehouse. The kicker? I had an insurance policy on it that I had let lapse 1 week before it was stolen.

OWWWWWWW!!!! F(*#)$@*#$!!!!

Honest to goodness Ted! It wudn't me! But I suppose I shoudn't be so sensitive. After all Deroit is really a suburb of Windser, and Michigan a suburb of Wolverine!

That'd outta rile the brothers from the land of brodor!

Rick

Archived