Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

delete

-

As long as the audience doesn't look like they're eatin' raw clams. Come to think of it I like a little lemon with my clams. I think G. E. Smith really enjoys playing, that's why he smiles so much. Pickin' and grinnin' has a long tradition. I hate the guys with the facial histrionics though. An occasional grimace for a bend or something is natural though. I once did a TV show in Puerto Rico and as part of the performance I took the front of the stage for a solo. The producer insisted that we have the amps in back of the riser so we didn't clutter the set. So I walk up front on cue and feel my guitar cord go taut, I didn't stop in time and the cord pulled out of the amp. The bass player plugged it back in. After the take I go up to the producer and tell him what happened and he hadn't even noticed but he says the take "looked great". When we watched the show that weekend we all rolled on the floor. I mugged it pretty good but there was a split second of panic which crossed my face until I got it together. The bass player called it "solous interruptus". I wish I had a videotape of that for laughs.

------------------

Mac Bowne

G-Clef Acoustics Ltd.

Osaka, Japan

My Music: www.javamusic.com/freedomland

Mac Bowne

G-Clef Acoustics Ltd.

Osaka, Japan

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

billy zoom (of x and gene vincent fame)...best guitar face ever. unassuming grin and never looks at the guitar. worst = a guy in hoboken who looks like he's taking a really hard dump when he plays...

-d. gauss

Originally posted by strat0124:

My wife laughingly says it's the same as my orgasm face......

Well, I guess that makes some kind of sense... http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

My wife used to get on me all the time about this. Now I just try to smile as much as possible.

As I get older, it's getting easier, as I realize that I'm not as good as the people watching me play think I am!

Steve

Originally posted by d gauss:

worst = a guy in hoboken who looks like he's taking a really hard dump when he plays...

But I don't live in Hoboken. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/confused.gif

Scott

(just another cantankerous bastard)

So... I was at rehearsal tonight, and I told my bandmates about this thread and asked them what my "guitarface" looks like. Here's what I got:

Singer: "You look like you're really angry... like you want to kill someone."

Drummer: "Yeah, but you ALWAYS look like you're about to kill someone."

Singer: "No, I think I saw him smile once."

Drummer: "Scott smiled?! Was he choking somebody?"

(Me looking pissed off, wanting to punch both of them.)

Singer: "Yeah, that's how you look when you play!"

HA HA HA... everyone has a laugh at my expense. Just wait, I'll make them pay! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

Scott

(just another cantankerous bastard)

Archived