Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Veillette-Citron guitars

Mark Zeger

Has anyone ever heard of, or seen, these? I own one, an outstanding bird's-eye maple solidbody 6 string, but have never seen another since I bought the guitar direct from the builders. They were made in the Kingston, NY area by Joe Veillette and Harvey Citron. The partners who built these fine instruments split up years ago, and now build instruments under their individual names.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've seen some of their earlier guitars and have also seen the new stuff that both builders are currently making. Do you need contact info to reach either or both builders?

Originally posted by Lisa:

I've seen some of their earlier guitars and have also seen the new stuff that both builders are currently making. Do you need contact info to reach either or both builders?

I'm more interested in their older instruments. I found this article in another search last night:

http://www.guitarmag.com/issues/gs9711/relics.html

My early-production 6 string looks just like the natural maple instruments in the second picture. I now realize that I bought it at around the time they were closing shop in '83. I think I paid around $500 for it, an amazing deal. I'd love to find a 12-string similar to mine (second from the right in the second picture). Years ago, Mandolin Brothers had a matched pair 6 & 12 string in blue, but those were the only used 'V-C's I'd every seen.

I found the partners' individual websites. I've seen great reviews of Veillette's baritone guitars and Citron's basses.

Archived