Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My Dad...old stuff

Steve LeBlanc

I apologize if this post comes off as Spam...

My Father played Pedal Steel/Dobro on over 300 albums in his lifetime and toured the country several times over with the likes of John Prine, Jerry Jeff Walker, George Jones, Jackson Claypool, The Wallflowers Band (with Natalie Merchant) and many more.

Unfortunately he died in April 1995 from Cancer at the young age of 55. I've recently come across some tapes from the early 70s of some easy instrumental tunes he wrote and recorded.

It's pretty cool stuff...my Dad had a unique guitar tone and played with nothing but heart.

Check it out if you're interested:

Leo LeBlanc

Leo the Lion

Funk Jam

Amazing Grace

Leo LeBlanc & Family

This message has been edited by Steve LeBlanc on 07-09-2001 at 01:51 PM

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It comes across not as spam, but as a son who's seriously proud of what his Dad accomplished in his all-too-short lifetime. That you are so deservedly proud honors your father's memory. I hope you had a chance to tell him that while he was alive, but, somehow, I think he knows anyway.

I'll check it out. You know, things like that may make some sort of compilation to benefit a worthy cause, like the Cancer Society, and honor his memory as well.

I'll definitely try to listen to some of it...(when my kids are done listening to Linkin Park)...

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Remember a few years ago when they took a recording by Nat King Cole singing, unforgetable and his daughter Natalie, sang with her long deceased daddy? Have you considered something like that with those recordings by your Dad? You playing with your Father. Putting out the album and calling it "Tribute."

Psalm 33:3

The best instrument you have, is your heart.

Have you considered something

like that with those recordings by your Dad? You playing with your Father. Putting out the

album and calling it "Tribute."

Yeah, it has crossed my mind...not with these recordings though...I have a lot of 24 track tapes, etc...where I can isolate my dad's steel...of tunes I recorded with him when he was alive. I'm excited about finishing those songs someday soon.

I want to set up a website of my Dad's music (I have a lot) and contribute any money it might make to working musicians, possibly through the Union...so much to do so little time it seems.

Thanks for checking it out.

Peace,

Steve

Archived