Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Video artists or live performers that make you wanna PUKE!

LiveMusic

Similar to the other thread about pukin' songs... but this is about the visual.

Ya know that lead singer for Sawyer Brown... I think his name is Mark... shaves his head bald these days... if there is any damn thing on the planet that makes me wanna hurl, it's watching this guy perform a fast number. We're talkin' Major Ralph here.

This sonofabitch thinks he's Michael Jackson or somethin'. He gets the award for spinnin' and jumpin' fast, that's for sure. I keep hopin' he'll bust his ass on stage. That'll serve him right. Michael Jackson is one of the damnedest dancers I've ever seen but this Mark guy, he's so FAKE. I absolutely can't stand it. I have to leave the room. And... he's probably a nice guy.

Oh yeah, the girls go wild and stuff. They must lead really boring lives.

A close second is Billy Ray Cyrus struttin' around on Achy Breaky Heart. I hope he doesn't do that anymore. Converse to that, I kinda like his later music. He's got a great voice and some pretty good music. That Mark guy has a great voice, too.

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I understand about the Alanis thing. Same thing about the Cranberries with the yodel stuff. I still like Alanis though...she reminds me of an old...uh...well, you know. Let's say she reminds me of someone I used to know well...quite well, in fact.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

creed

bono's (U2, not sonny!) goofy swagger

axl rose's silly dance

eddie bedwetter, i mean vedder's silly eyelid flutter thing

bruce springsteen's popeye-like stage moves in "dancing in the dark"

john cougar whenever he tries to dance

fred durst from wimpy biscuit

white guys with dreadlocks!

-d. gauss

I agree with you, SteveRB.

I also don't like 'boy band- hot white chick of the moment' thing but I like Back Street Boys (taking cover). The guys can really sing and I like it.It's not some lip sync like Milli Vanilli (with all respect to Rob and Fab cause they can sing, but you know the story...) I can't see Christina Aguilera with my eyes. She can sing, that's for sure but with all that "I can be hotter than Britney" stuff she's makin' me sick. Same goes for Britney and her second album.

If it sounds god, just play the darn thing

I hate watching a band I otherwise respect lipsync in videos. I can't believe people still do that - what the hell is the point in that???? It's so bizarre; I just imagine if they were friends of mine how embarrassed I would feel for them, it's so strange... Thinking about how the situation arises where one has to fake being into it, knowing everyone watching KNOWS they're faking it... the spontaneous acting seems so important... It's so peculiar, because EVERY band does it, even the pseudo-punk bands... Man, even Cobain did it, that's always a reality check for his pop godhead status I would think, but oh well... The worst thing I've ever seen is an old video Eric Johnson made for a tune called "Zap", that has flashing lasers and he makes the most... stomach churning phony "emotive" face, I always feel sorry for him thinking about that, about what a silly mistake in retrospect that was and he can't do anything about it, and about how warped the business is that (again) gets people into these strange and unnatural situations that allows such stuff to happen.

Always makes the pit of my stomach feel weird....

Although, hats off to whoever the skinny girl was in the Mamas and the Papas: I saw an old video of them on Sullivan or some such and she was holding a flower or something else like it was a microphone while she pretended to "sing". I thought that was pretty cool.

Uhg. Man, the world is really peculiar when thought about.

http://www.mp3.com/chipmcdonald

This message has been edited by Chip McDonald on 04-23-2001 at 03:39 AM

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

Britney.....Backstreet boys.......Nsync......

etc etc etc.

HURL!!!!!

Archived