Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What is the most beautiful song you've ever heard?

LiveMusic

This is a tough question for sure, but I'd have to say Claire de Lune done at the symphony, Allison Krauss really blows me away, and from left field here Eric Clapton's version of Little Wing and while on the Beatles While My Guitar Gently Weeps" is just breathtaking. I could go on but those to me are WAY up there.
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I Only Have Eyes For You" - The Flamingos

"O Holy Night" - Johnny Mathis

"One" - U2

"When I Was Seventeen" - Frank Sinatra

"Have I Told You Lately That I Love You" - Van Morrison

"The River" - Bruce Springsteen

"The Living Years" - Mike & the Mechanics

"Little Wing" - Jimi, Stevie, Derek

"Songbird" - Fleetwood Mac

------------------

KJ

KJ

-------------------

"50 million Elvis Presley fans can't be all wrong" - John Prine

Originally posted by KJ:

"Have I Told You Lately That I Love You" - Van Morrison

"The River" - Bruce Springsteen

"The Living Years" - Mike & the Mechanics

"Songbird" - Fleetwood Mac

Yep good choices!!

Simon

...remember there is absolutely no point in talking about someone behind their back unless they get to hear about it...

I've always had a special feeling for "Matte Kudasai" and "Two Hands" by King Crimson... and Jeff Beck's "Where Were You" and "'Cause We've Ended As Lovers" are great too... many others but my brain's stuck now...

Chip sez...

>>>.. as opposed to Whitney Houston with her "and IIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEIIAAAAAAAAA WILLLLLLLALWAYS LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUOOOOOOOOOOUOOOOOO".. ahg.

Hahaha...that song will always crack me up. My youngest son (who is now 16, but at the time looked and acted a lot like Calvin from "Calvin and Hobbes") picked up on that...and would make fun of it by singing it just as off-key and LOUD as he could...the more off-key and loud the better...just because he knew how ANNOYING it was. Problem, I'd see him singing with his Calvin face and I'd start cracking up, which would encourage him. Well, you know, wives don't have senses of humor like guys do, and it would piss her off no end...and he'd be singing that stupid song...holding the note for what seemed like an eternity...we'd be on the floor laughing our rear ends off, and my wife would be about as pissed as she could get. Red face...steam coming from her ears...

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

<

i'd probably be in the mozart and henry mancini corner as far as really beautiful music goes.... i'll second the louis armstrong choice as well.

though i can't believe no one has mentioned ice-t's "lets get butt naked and fuck"...

-d. gauss

Hi all

Ave Verum..... Mozart

Largo......... Handel

Soon.......... Yes

And what about 'Little Green' by Joni Mitchel??

Peace.

The alchemy of the masters moving molecules of air, we capture by moving particles of iron, so that the poetry of the ancients will echo into the future.

A few more have occured to me:

Viriginia Rodriguez, "Lua Lua Lua Lua [Moon Moon Moon Moon]," written by Caetano Veloso, from Sol Negro

Wayne Shorter and Milton Nasciemento, "Ponta de Areia" (I think Milton wrote it), from Native Dancer

This message has been edited by AlChuck on 06-01-2001 at 01:28 PM

Archived