Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Songs that make you want to PUKE

LiveMusic

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simon,

Those "little" white coats ain't so little when yer perched betwixt um with yer arms doing the pretzle thang! Oooo I know! Tip toe through the tulips! Or "Legends in their own bathrooms!!!" HAHaHa!!! Tiny Bubbles(in the tub, not the wine!)

Originally posted by trickfall@yahoo.com:

I dunno, that song all ways sounded so cheap to me, then again Clapton all ways sounds pretty cheap to me.

I recently borrowed a video of CREAM doing 3 songs. One was I feel free, one was sunshine and I forget the third. Then it dawned on me how good that band was. They were into music and Clapner was peaking. I didn't feel him shining so much since then. Has to do with Jack Bruce and Ginger. That chemistry thing.

Originally posted by d gauss:

lee,

i'm just a backwoods georgia boy living in a big smelly city. that's what inbreeding combined with toxic waste will do to ya.

LOL... well I went the opposite direction, started off in the big smelly city (L.A.), moved to Georgia awhile back and plan to end up in the backwoods. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

What part of Georgia are you from? Ever get down here and visit?

--Lee

lee,

haven't been back to georgia in a long time. (i.e. the regency hyatt house was the biggest bestest atlanta hotel at the time, the names rupaul and black crowes meant nothing, and crack was something you saw when the plumber came over)... i lived in decatur and chamblee. my dad was a sportswriter for the constitution then.

cheers,

-d. gauss

Originally posted by trickfall@yahoo.com:

I can't beleive no one has mentioned Creed yet.

It's funny how many songs on the radio now have bits that sound like parts from Iron Maiden songs....

Great saturated guitar sound on the record IMO, though.

http://www.mp3.com/chipmcdonald

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

Originally posted by d gauss:

... i lived in decatur and chamblee.

Whoa! I'm just a stone's throw from your old stomping grounds, in Doraville.

You oughta come visit sometime! It sure has changed a lot.

--Lee

Originally posted by Lee Flier:

And how about "Mr. Roboto" by Styx? YIPES!

That song makes me ill, literally... What the HELL was that about? AHHG... Ehhyahhhg... I was at a restaurant about a month ago and that was played over the p.a.... I had to walk outside, I HATE that song.. Uhg, I don't even like having the thought of it travel through my consciousness. In fact, I may have to ignore this thread from here on to make sure it stays out of my mind. Yuck.

Now then Lee how can ya say that you don't like the immortal Supertramp!!! Crazy, they did some awesome tunes in their time and I for one still like loads of their stuff!!

Simon

...remember there is absolutely no point in talking about someone behind their back unless they get to hear about it...

Crack was something you saw when the plummer came over!?! Too Funny! And yeah Lee I'm goin with Simon on this one.... The last time I went with you I ended up makin' smores by the moniter.......

Supertramp came along at a peculiar time in our history, and most definitely filled a nitch.

Rick

Originally posted by nrg music:

Now then Lee how can ya say that you don't like the immortal Supertramp!!! Crazy, they did some awesome tunes in their time and I for one still like loads of their stuff!!

Simon

Simon, that was my point... Radio overplay "killed" the Logical Song for me, just like it did to More than a Feeling, Stairway to Heaven, Free Bird, Born in the USA, and countless "hits" that now haunt the airwaves of the "classic crap" radio format in the US.

I don't know if in the UK you get "hits" drilled into you like a dentist with a sadistic streak, but I'm with Chip that certain songs hit me where it hurts and I can't stand to be anywhere near them!

Owwwwwwwwww....

guitplayer

I'm still "guitplayer"!

Check out my music if you like...

http://www.michaelsaulnier.com

Supertramp had two main vocalists, one kinda bluesy and one, uh, as my teenagers would say...really, uh, let's say he sounded "happy". I dug the bluesy one. The "happy" sounding feller sang "Logical".

Another song...I actually like the song, but the way it's sung makes me wanna heave is Tal Bachman's "High Above Me"...

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

DOMO ARIGATO, MR. ROBOTO!

Actually I don't think that's the worst. Any song where the singer tries to do the high voice certainly makes me wanna puke. Like the beginning to 'come sail away'... 'babe' was pretty bad as well.

There was a song that was big about 3 years ago, really slow, monotonous. I can only remember the 1st few words because that's how long it took me to change stations... went something like : 'I uuuuseed to thinnnnk that life ....lalala'.... or was it love? don't know.

Rod

Originally posted by guitplayer:

Simon, that was my point... Radio overplay "killed" the Logical Song for me, just like it did to More than a Feeling, Stairway to Heaven, Free Bird, Born in the USA, and countless "hits" that now haunt the airwaves of the "classic crap" radio format in the US.

I don't know if in the UK you get "hits" drilled into you like a dentist with a sadistic streak, but I'm with Chip that certain songs hit me where it hurts and I can't stand to be anywhere near them!

Owwwwwwwwww....

guitplayer

Yes I'm afraid it is EXACTLY the same here!! I can and do completely agree that radio has the potential and has wrecked many tunes for me.... Maybe one day they'll widen their playlists a little and not play the ass off a record so as we can still enjoy the good ones later.

Simon http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

...remember there is absolutely no point in talking about someone behind their back unless they get to hear about it...

Originally posted by rsaboiasilva@hotmail.com:

to 'come sail away'... 'babe' was pretty bad as well.

AHHHHHGGG! STOP!

The funniest thing though, is any footage of Dennis "Nigel" DeYoung live....

I dunno, I ALWAYS thought "Logical Song" was puke material from the moment I heard it.

And YEAH Uptown Girl... BLAH. 'Course, just about anything of Billy Joel makes me want to puke, but I think the biggest puke-fest of his for me is actually "Still Rock'n'Roll To Me". HURL!!!!!

--Lee

I understand the hatred of Joel. But, I gotta admit, when I first saw the video for Uptown Girl...I got it, just like you would a joke. All those songs you mention that make you want to hurl hearken back to the doo wop days of greasers and poodle skirts. A lot of Frankie Valli thrown in (he makes me want to hurl, too)...but, that was the idea. It was a joke.

If you really want to see me hurl, or if I ever need to get rid of something bad I ate, just show me that video of Elton in a duck costume singing "Crocodile Rock".

I know a lot of people who hate Springsteen, but I kinda like the "tortured soul" effect his voice has...maybe not all evening, y'know. But I'd much rather listen to him than Dennis DeYoung...

One of my favorite critiques of Springsteen was a comic bit that goes back before the Born In The USA album. Don't remember who the comedian was.

(Immitating Springsteen, talking between songs onstage.)

"My girl and I broke up... It was a real bad scene...

Here's a song about a car."

(plays song)

"Yeahhh.... Me and my old man... we never got along....

Here's another song about a car."

I liked Born To Run and like some of his other stuff, but I could never understand how anyone liked Blinded By The Light the way Springsteen recorded it. It sounds like he's mumbling the entire song. Was it Manfred Mann who nailed it in the late '70's? What a difference.

Neil

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

What about the Springsteen songs that evoke an image of a blue-collar guy who just lost his job at the factory. The fact is Bruce had a record deal at age 18 and never worked a day in his life. I don't consider getting high, touring, screwing groupies, counting your millions, and playing guitar, work...but that's just me. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

This message has been edited by SteveRB on 04-30-2001 at 11:03 AM

<>

well let me tell ya... it is very hard work indeed. just when you get counting up to 3 and 1/2 million dollars or so, some damn groupie interrupts you to have sex and you have to start counting the whole damn pile of cash all over again, but now your brain is so confused from the drugs that you accidentally light the whole pile of cash on fire instead of the bong. hard work indeed. know anybody who's hiring?

-d. gauss

I don't have enough time to listen to the music I LIKE. I'm not going to waste time thinking about music I don't care for. I got blasted with plenty of the latter from my sister's stereo when we were teens. Most of her "favorites" have already been mentioned in this thread.

Originally posted by Tedster:

I know a lot of people who hate Springsteen, but I kinda like the "tortured soul" effect his voice has...maybe not all evening, y'know. But I'd much rather listen to him than Dennis DeYoung...

My favorite Springsteen moment was the Oscars the year he won for Philadelphia. That was a great, heartfelt song, fit the emotion of the movie perfectly, used his vocal style brilliantly, and was commercial enough and artistic enough to win an Oscar.

Plus... his performance on the show that night was inspiring.

For once the "academy" got it right!

guitplayer

I'm still "guitplayer"!

Check out my music if you like...

http://www.michaelsaulnier.com

Archived