Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Yairi about that!

rosespappy

Is anybody out there playing a 12 string Yairi? Mine is going on 3 years old and it just keeps gettin sweeter. But I haven't seen another one in the field yet. If your thinking about another acoustic, I almost let the affiliation with alverez scare me off. Don't, I just love this thang!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to have a doubleneck 6 and 12 Yairi. Was a sweeeeet guitar. I could kick myself in the ass for selling it...but I was young and stupid.

Actually, for the money, I've played some way OK Alvarez acoustics. I've owned a couple in years past. Now I've got me a good ol' Guild.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Ya know, that's the only other acoustic guitar that winds me up. I know there's a ton of good ones out there, but I've owned Gibsons, Fenders, Ovations, a Yamaha 12, and have played almost everything on the rack, and the 6 weeks I got to spend with a friends guild, were among the best weeks 'o' me life! Alverez never revved me, I think primarily because of the machine head slop. So, I almost looked past the Yairis, until the shop owner finally took one of the 6 strings down and said "play!" We ordered the 12 that day. The older I get the more pleased I am with the action and the sound. These old hands just don't have the same strength, and I'm getting away with a lighter gauge string than ever before! Thanks for the reply!

Archived