Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

another bad story about sweetwater

delirium

Originally posted by MikeT156:

Jim:

Didn't Chuck handle the exchange of your KB personally?

Mike T.

No Mike, he didn't. In fact, this episode only came to his attention months later when I posted this story over at HC/KSS and it got his attention. He responded with a personal apology then, but I really don't know what happened behind the scenes otherwise.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quote by dilirium:

------------------------------------

Whats that supposed to mean, are we their personals informers?

Its not my business to improve theirs clients relationship. I dont have time and will to write letters, emails, faxes and make phone calls

just to let them look good.

-----------------------------------

But you have the time to bitch about them on this Forum? Why don't you call Chuck and get the matter resolved instead of just bad mouthing them?

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

But you have the time to bitch about them on this Forum? Why don't you call Chuck and get the matter resolved instead of just bad mouthing them?

Mike T. [/QB]

Apparently not only me is doing that, and

I never bad mouthing anybody, just reporting.

I have the same right to do that like you to praise them to the skies.

♫♫♫ motif XS6, RD700GX

Delirium:

I think you're going out of your way to complain about Sweetwater. As Tusker pointed out, ALL the other reviews on resellerratings.com were very positive. So you're singling out ONE bad review. That's biased. Whatever. I don't care if you buy from Sweetwater or not.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

I have no reason to be biased -- I made purchases from at least 4 or 5 online music outlets in 2006. I have never had a problem with Sweetwater.

And to be honest, if I ever had a problem with the outlets I've done business with, they all made it right ASAP. I think the secret is being calm and letting a retailer know if there was a problem with your purchase. These days, things are very competitive, and the well-known companies seem to be very good when it comes to customer service.

"Oh yeah, I've got two hands here." (Viv Savage)

"Mr. Blu... Mr. Blutarsky: Zero POINT zero." (Dean Vernon Wormer)

Originally posted by delirium:

True enough. I think if someone has a problem with Sweetwater and they haven't had it resolved to their satisfaction going through channels, Chuck wants to know about it. He's the one person that can do something about it if all else fails.

Mike T.

Whats that supposed to mean, are we their personals informers?

Its not my business to improve theirs clients relationship. I dont have time and will to write letters, emails, faxes and make phone calls

just to let them look good.

Fortunately there are hundreds other music stores

to choose from.

I dont make big deal of it, this is company like many others, but I've posted this to balance whole scam on this forum how sweet sweetwater is, because theyre not. [/QB]

Yes, you are responsible for giving feedback to a place where you choose to do business and don't like the service. I even like to give positive feedback to some outfits who do a good job.

It's a business relationship and it's a two way street. If you've ever run a business, then you understand what I mean.

I don't know what went wrong with your deal, but if there's something wrong with the product he ought to at least share the shipping cost with you. Why not give this guy a chance to make it right?

regards,

--kwgm

Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in. I have bought from Sweetwater many times. Never had a problem. Good deals, prompt delivery and VERY knowledgeable sales people. Maybe your salesman was new and was still learning their system.
Yamis

Why don't you call Chuck and get the matter resolved instead of just bad mouthing them?

Mike T.

When there are threads whose sole purpose is to extoll the virtues of Sweetwater is, shouldn't there be some balance if someone's not had the best dealings with them? Is it wrong to say 'wait a minute, I had a genuinely crap experience with them'? They were wholly unprofessional to me. That's not bad mouthing, no matter what you think, just the reality of the situation.
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Kanker:

Its obvious to me that Delirium was going out of his way to bad mouth Sweetwater. For example, he sited ONE negative review on resellerratings.com when, as Tusker pointed out, all the rest of the reviews were VERY positive. And, saying that the stand he got from Sam Ash was 10 times better, as well as cheaper than what he got from Sweetwater just adds more evidence that he has an axe to grind with Sweetwater and is choosing to do it here. I suggested that he called Chuck and get it straightened out to his satisfaction. All of a sudden, he didnt have time to make phone calls and/or faxes, etc. to Sweetwater about it. But he has the time to bitch about it here. I aint buyin it.

Mike T.

Delerium:

I assure you, I'm not a fanatic. I do my fair share of bitchin about Manufacturers on music forums because I can't pick up the phone and call the owner of Yamaha and tell him that his KB user interfaces are more difficult than they have to be, not all their components work together properly, etc. etc.

However, you can call Chuck at Sweetwater directly by picking up the phone and telling him his company sucks and the sales rep that handled you is an a--hole. Let you fingers do the walking.

Mike T.

Hi:

David Stewart here. I am a sales manager at SW. If there are ever any issues where you think a sales person is not doing the right thing, or some mistake has happened that they don't seem empowered to correct (they are empowered to do a lot so try them if you need to) don't hesitate to ask for me. I would much rather have an opportunity to fix a wrong than read about it on a forum two months or two years later - it would seem to be in our mutual best interest to tackle it in as close to real time as possible.

I know we aren't perfect (who is?) and there are other places to buy gear, but I have worked here for 15 years so I know Chuck and the other employees personally. I can tell you the intentions are good. The sales folks really do try to earn your business the right way. And if something goes wrong we will try to make it right.

Anyway, just wanted to offer my help. If there are any issues please call or send them to me or Chuck with your real name and a way to contact you. (For the person with the stand - we are not in the practice of charging fees for the return of defective merchandise. Sounds like a communication breakdown somewhere. Again, let me know and I will dig into it.)

David Stewart

800.222.4700 x 1215

david_stewart@sweetwater.com

Thanks Dave, I get tired of preaching how good Sweetwater is only to be told I'm a fanatic. Geez. Well Dilirium, there you go. Call Dave Stewart and get your problem resolved!

Mike T.

We all know it's much easier to bitch about a company than to actually make an effort to get the problem resolved.

Just look at ripoffreport.com - it's everywhere - someone screws up, or doesn't get 100% satisfaction, they'd rather slander the company online than actually escalate the discussion within that company and get the situation resolved.

Originally posted by Davoman:

Hi:

David Stewart here. I am a sales manager at SW.

...If there are any issues please call or send them to me or Chuck with your real name and a way to contact you.

David Stewart

800.222.4700 x 1215

david_stewart@sweetwater.com

:thu:

David,

Your post is appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

I've had just one negative experience with Sweetwater, where i was quoted a price from Nika (my rep at the time), only to have him say a week later, "No, that's not what I quoted you," and then quoting a price $200 higher. I sent him the email where he had indeed quoted me the other price, and then never heard from him again.

But since then, I've had nothing but GREAT experiences with Sweetwater. I think they have great customer service, and am happy that the one experience did not sour me from them.

I've never had a "negative" experience with Sweetwater... as I've always gotten a negative vibe.

I've called to ask a question and they're like "what's your name?" "have you called before" yes, once" are you gonna buy this thing or what. OK.

So I make my purchases ( and questions) from AMS... I'll use them or zzounds for amps, guitars, electronics. I get drum stuff local.

Archived