Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

HOT TIP Real Rhapsody ->Transcribe!

burningbusch

Here's something really cool for those of you using Windows Real Rhapsody. You can use it in conjunction with Transcribe! to work through sections or do full transcriptions.

Here's what you do.

With any Real Rhapsody song there is a play button > and a + button. If you press the + button the file will be saved to your hard disk in a protected .WMA format. If you go into "My Library" in the RR player you can see all the songs you have downloaded.

These are stored on your PC in My Documents\My Music.

Most audio programs, e.g. Wavelab, can't open these as they are protected. But guess what, Transcribe opens them with no problem. You can't save them as MP3s or anything else, but you can work on them to your hearts content. Think of Transcribe as an alternative player for RR.

Transcribe!

There's a demo you can download to check this out for yourself.

Busch.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question :

I have the rhapsody unlimited music service for 9.99 and not the Real To-Go subscription (which is 15 bux).

So, i add the track to my now library, and i right click and there's an option called download. I clicked on it, and it downloads it to the folder you mentioned. Will i be charged for this? If not, that would totally kick ass! :D The reason i'm asking is, it said something about DRM and that song being a ToGo content-based song.

Dont follow me....i'm lost too....

Key_man,

I have only been charged the standard $9.99/month. I thought the Real To-Go is for the special Real portable players.

You can read up about the different way music can be stored in MY LIBRARY in the help that comes with RR. The idea is that by storing subscriptions on your hard drive allows you to play them off line on that computer. This is a standard feature of the $9.99 subscription. When you purchase music, then you can move save it on other formats and move it off that computer.

Busch.

Fantastic! Now, can i play those files on windows media player? Currently, my only gripes are that :

1). When browsing the internet, i get some glitches from real player.

2). The app itself is CPU-consuming, so when i play CS, it slows down CS. Not the case with windows media player.

So, if i could somehow download these tracks and play it from windows media player, that would kick ass. :D

Oops. I cant do what you described in your 1st post. When i click the add button, it adds to my library. But it doesnt download anything. When i right click it and press download, it downloads, but i'm only able to play it in my real rhapsody player, not in windows media player. :(

Oops. I cant do what you described in your 1st post. When i click the add button, it adds to my library. But it doesnt download anything. When i right click it and press download, it downloads, but i'm only able to play it in my real rhapsody player, not in windows media player. And, the format is not .wma, but .rax :(

So you went into My Documents\My Music and you don't see files?

I never download, I just hit the + button. This is storing it on your hard drive. Mine is stored in protected .WMA format.

No you cannot open them in Windows Media Player or Wavelab or anything else that I know of, besides Transcribe. It's a fluke you can do it in Transcribe, hence my post.

I have given this tip to others and they've had no problem doing it.

Busch.

Archived