Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Band in a Box 2007 - REAL DRUMS

burningbusch

OK. I had like just a brief moment to try it out. I have to say that the drums alone make this quite useful. The variations on the drums make it sound really realistic.

Now I have to learn how to tweak it. For example, the comping voicings are kind of limited. I wish it knew how to do 4 note rootless voicings, and it won't let me specify anything too complex. So I am limited to just some base harmonies. Maybe there's a way to do it but I don't know what it is.

Some of the styles are a little stiff to me so I like it really simple. When it starts adding strings or a tenor sax, I'm not happy. I also wish I had some choice of comping patterns. Acoustic Guitar sounds cool though.

This is going to sound much improved when I try it with real VSTi instruments. The point of this for me was a simple accompaniment so actually even the piano comping is not necessary as I do have a LH but I have to admit it was fun to figure out.

It's worth it to just create a Bass and Drum groove.

(I still have files to download but at least I've got the important stuff to run it).

Hamburg Steinway O, Crumar Mojo, Nord Electro 4 HP 73, EV ZXA1

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jazzwee, if you install the two Roland files that come with the program, you will have the software equivalent of a good General Midi module, to generate all the other sounds (except the Real Drums, that is). Of course, for that purpose you can also use an external module (like a Yamaha Motif ES rack or a Roland Fantom XR). BIAB has a menu with all the settings for the most common hardware modules or synths. :cool:
Korg PA3X Pro 76 and Kronos 61, Roland G-70, Integra 7 and BK7-m, Casio PX-5S, Fender Stratocaster with Fralin pickups, Fender Stratocaster with Kinman pickups, 1965 Gibson SG Standard

Jazzwee,

There are some very sophisticated comp voicings in some of the styles. Check out one called "gitcomp". The guitar comps using multiple voicings for chords, and the actual notes are consistent with voicings from a real guitar. Cheers!

Archived