Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Yamaha DGX-505

davorp

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which one gives better grand piano sound Privia PX-700 or Yamaha YPG-625? I just have seen that Privia can not be connected to an external amp or speakers and thus I can't contect it to my mixer. How would I record it.. hmm
Davor

Just my $.02, being the owner of a DGX-500. The 505 seems to me to the same thing with a few more unnecissary bells and whistles. About the only advantage it has is that it makes a used 500 cheaper, which is good for a beginner. And no, the keys aren't weighted. You can adjust touch sensitivity, though.

Originally posted by davorp:

Which one gives better grand piano sound Privia PX-700 or Yamaha YPG-625? I just have seen that Privia can not be connected to an external amp or speakers and thus I can't contect it to my mixer. How would I record it.. hmm

I'd give the sound advantage to the YPG-625. However, I'd give the key action feel advantage to the Privia. Both these probably have no audio outs so you'll have to use 1/8 inch plugs. You'll have to lower the volume when using it or pass it through a mixer before sending it to the amp. It'll be fine. I use my Casio CDP-100 (similar to the Privia) as a controller too so I use the MIDI out.

Hamburg Steinway O, Crumar Mojo, Nord Electro 4 HP 73, EV ZXA1

Originally posted by Jazzwee:

I'd give the sound advantage to the YPG-625. However, I'd give the key action feel advantage to the Privia. Both these probably have no audio outs so you'll have to use 1/8 inch plugs. You'll have to lower the volume when using it or pass it through a mixer before sending it to the amp. It'll be fine. I use my Casio CDP-100 (similar to the Privia) as a controller too so I use the MIDI out.
Jazwee hit the nail on the head between the key action and sounds IMO. I think it comes down to the following. Do you want better sounds or better action? You may also want to save up and purchase something like a used Yamaha P90 or P120. You won't get as many sounds as the DGX but you'll get great action and the basic sounds will be covered. You also will have audio outs on both.

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

Originally posted by Jazzwee:

No the DGX and the new YPGs/DGX/PSRS have a quarter inch headphone jack and you just need a stereo to dual mono adapter to plug into an amp or mixer.

JH

Archived