Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Cubase script writing....?

DanS

I was searching the net for a Cubase script for Roland's SRX-07 expansion card (Ultimate Keys), but couldn't find one. It seems there exists for almost every other card, including the SR-JV80 cards, but not this one.

Anyway, I decided to write my own, as besides being tedious, is quite simple. I'm using one that was written for an XV-5050.

Here's the question: Does anyone know the significance of the "p2" at the beginning of the following script line: [p2,0,93,11] 001 PNO Stereo Piano.

The zero is the patch number, the 93 is the MSB, and the 11 is the LSB.

Some of the scripts share the same p number, some go as high as 5.

Any takers?

Thanks,

Dan

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dan:

There is (or at least, there used to be) a text file in the Cubase directory structure called Script Documentation.txt or something similar that contained full details on the format of the script files. Do a quick search for that on your hard drive.

Not using Cubase currently, so I don't know the answer to your question, but the docs on your system should answer it for you. :thu:

Just to follow up, Dan... I came across the contents of the Script Documentation.txt file on the Ex5Tech forum. Basically, the number after the P determines how the patch is selected from the popup menu:

P1: patch will appear on main popup menu

P2 thru P9: patch will appear on a submenu

This is so you can group patches as you wish, regardless of name, or patch number, etc. You could put all your pianos on P1, and your strings on P2, etc.

Note that there are two types of "P" entries; the first has 4 values before the patch name, the second has only 3. You'll generally be using the first (as shown in the example you posted in your message):

[p%L,%n,%n,%n]%s 
//   %L level [1 - 9], 
//   %n program change [0 - 127], 
//   %n bank MSB [0 - 127]
//   %n bank LSB [0 - 127]
//   %s program name

[p%L,%n,%n]%s 
//   %L level [1 - 9]
//   %n [0 - 127] program change
//   %n bank (14 bit) [0 - 16383]
//   %s program name

So, you're good to use up to 9 levels for organizing your patch menus.

:wave:

Cheers,

SG

Hi DanS,

Hope you haven't spent hours already typing stuff in - I just saw this and maybe this scriptpatch may help.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~lukeman/ODBand/

I stuffed it onto my site for you - I downloaded ot when a MIDI client of mine needed the same thing. This is a script for all expansions. If you want you can go into the txt file and delete eant you don't want.

Hope it works for you.

cheers,

Luke - The MidiDoctor

• 2 weeks later...

Archived