Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

CP300 / P250 File Utility problems.....anyone get it to work?

BonsoWonderDog

Hi there ...

I'm having problems getting the "File Utility" progam to work with my CP300.

I've downloaded v1.2, plus the special patch for the CP300 and it installed without problems. I've also downloaded the latest MIDI USB driver and it appears to function correctly.

MIDI in/out seems fine as I tried this thing called MIDI-OX, and I can both send and receieve MIDI from the PC.

So, I'm stumped. Anyone else get it to work or has any tips?

Thanks,

Damian

PS: I've also tried another cable so it's not the cable.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw this thread almost near the bottom of page 2 so I bumped it back to the top of page 1.

I always thought +1 meant, add my vote of approval to the topic. (I can also see someone with a closed fist with their thumb raised on high to suggest approval - a literal expression of plus one.)

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

Our use here of bump\bumped is just the opposite of getting bumped from your reserved airline seat. Instead of being moved to the top of the list, you are removed and might be put on the next flight ... or not.

I don't know where the +1 came from but for me it always meant adding my voice or stamp of approval. A closed fist with a thumb pointed up is a physical representation of +1 to me.

Regarding language and expressions - in English if you had a late night and got to bed late, you might sleep in the next day. In Dutch you would sleep out which means the same thing.

Sleeping around in English could be going strange in Dutch.

.... rambling, sorry ...

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

I had the same problem but wasn't able to solve it. After trying a whole day I was quite annoyed and removed the stuff from the PC. Later on, I found in the "system control" (I don't know the exact term, using German Windows, but it's the place where you can edit designs, software, hardware, security center, sounds & audio-controllers, I hope you get it) the icon "Yamaha CBX Driver" which said after double-clicking "Set Host Select to PC-2". The host select switch is, as I found out, located on the back side of the keyboard (P250, so it should be pretty the same on the CP300) and you can throw the switch to "PC-2, MIDI, Mac and USB". So fiddling around whith this switch might help.

If not

bump²

The Dromb Bopper

Originally posted by leber_wurst:

I had the same problem but wasn't able to solve it. After trying a whole day I was quite annoyed and removed the stuff from the PC. Later on, I found in the "system control" (I don't know the exact term, using German Windows, but it's the place where you can edit designs, software, hardware, security center, sounds & audio-controllers, I hope you get it) the icon "Yamaha CBX Driver" which said after double-clicking "Set Host Select to PC-2". The host select switch is, as I found out, located on the back side of the keyboard (P250, so it should be pretty the same on the CP300) and you can throw the switch to "PC-2, MIDI, Mac and USB". So fiddling around whith this switch might help.

If not

bump²

Unfortunately, there is no "host select" switch on the back of the CP300....

Back to square one....

D

Archived