Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Looking to Rock On

Bryan Henry

dp2,

Yes, music is music. It's definitely VERY possible to go from classical music to rock\blues (as I did). We've just mentioned some things to be aware of, that's all.

I'm very glad the journey was possible, because I really don't like to PLAY classical music much at all. I like to listen to it once in a while, but playing some great classic rock with killer organ sounds in there is what floats my boat!

Steve (Stevie Ray)

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's one of the things I loved about some of the avant garde jazz and classical projects in the 1960s. Too bad I wasn't alive then . . . oh well, at least there are recordings that I can jam to.

One example of this is Dolphy's "Inner Flight". He masterfully wove jazz and classical styled phrasing throughout that piece. Each part fit right where he played it.

Originally posted by latchmo:

Nina Simone - "Love Me Or Leave Me" - not sure from what album, but she rips a killer classical sounding solo over a swinging rhythm section in this version.

got URL? :)

Originally posted by dp2:

Nina Simone - "Love Me Or Leave Me" - not sure from what album, but she rips a killer classical sounding solo over a swinging rhythm section in this version.

got URL? :)
It's at Napster.com. In case you didn't know, you can listen to anything they have there 5 times each! Pretty cool way to see if you like something. I'm listening to the song right now. Not my cup of tea, but not bad.

Steve (Stevie Ray)

sorry - yes you can find it at Napster

BTW, if you are outside the USA you can only listen to 30 second clips at Napster.

But it sounds like the same version.

Oh. I didn't know that. Hmm.

Steve (Stevie Ray)

Archived