Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The strokes ! what eq does the singer use for his parts?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by GT3: [b]avalon 737[/b][/quote]Distorted in the pre and heavily boosted mids (or severely cut hi/lo) on the EQ section, ala Fred Durst.

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

I read an interview with the guy who produced the record in I believe Sound on Sound. So you might want to do a search on their site, but if memory serves me right he talked about the singer singing in to a peavey practice amp and then micing the practice amp for some of the stuff.

I read a whole article about them amping the guys voice... then in one of the latest MIX mag's the guy that does their live show says they use the avalon for distortion b/c that's what they did on the record. Go figure! I do know that the tone they get on the live show is very much like what's on the record.

Want mix/tracking feedback? Checkout "The Fade"-

www.grand-designs.cc/mmforum/index.php

The soon-to-be home of the "12 Bar-Blues Project"

Again, Avalon 737 is what they tracked through. They also allegedly used a Peavey practice amp as a vocal effect on a couple of tunes. Remember the Cher autotune debate around the Believe song. The Mix interview said it was this complex vocoder triggering scheme employed by the producer. Reality: Autotune. But people don't want to admit it was that simple, and they are afraid that everyone will copy their new gimmick. (which they always do) Avalon 737, and then maybe some Amp Farm treatment in the mix. He cut the entire project in Logic.

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

[quote]Originally posted by Jotown: [b] Avalon 737, and then maybe some Amp Farm treatment in the mix. He cut the entire project in Logic.[/b][/quote]Good call- I've gotten distorto vocals a ton of different ways, and they can all sound very similar in the end.

Want mix/tracking feedback? Checkout "The Fade"-

www.grand-designs.cc/mmforum/index.php

The soon-to-be home of the "12 Bar-Blues Project"

Archived