Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

cp300 sound volume issue....just me?

Clint Bowman

I have a demo cp300 until my new one arrives however I am not sure if some setting is choking the volume or that is all you can get with it but at 1/2 volume you can hardly hear it and full volume is not even loud enough for a concert in my living room. Can some kind soul shed some wisdom about this. I am really not looking forward to my new cp300 posessing this volume limitation or purchasing this for the added advantage of built in speakers was a complete waste. Any comments or suggestions are welcome and appreciated. In the meantime I will continue to scour the manual and the internet for answers.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought the same thing the 1st time I played it. What you have to do is move the zone #1 slider all the way up, from its center detent position, then the rotary master volume will have normal range. This isn't really made clear with the online liturature or the manual and most sales people wouldn't know this. Hope this helps you.

Why is it set that way? The other sounds don't seem set like that.

Find 750 of Harry's solo piano arrangements and tutorials at https://www.patreon.com/HarryLikas
These arrangements are for teaching solo piano chording using Harry's 2+2 harmony method.
Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book." 

Archived